Charite University Hospital Berlin
Department of Pediatric Cardiology (26125)
Specialized in: pediatric cardiology
About the department
The Department of Pediatric Cardiology at the University Hospital Charite is part of the Otto-Heubner-Center for Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine. The department is headed by Prof. Dr. med. Felix Berger. Located at the Campus Virchow-Klinikum, the department cooperates with other Charité departments and mainly deals with the treatment of patients suffering from tachycardia.
The department has a long experience in the treatment of congenital and acquired heart diseases, in particular, arrhythmia. Approximately 1,500 inpatients and 2,500 outpatients undergo treatment in the department every year.
The main focuses of the Department of Pediatric Cardiology at the University Hospital Charite:
- Prenatal diagnosis and advice
- Perinatal care of newborns with congenital heart defects
- Cardiac catheterization and interventional cardiology
- 1979 - 1986 86 Study of Medicine at the Kiel University.
- 1986 Medical License.
- 2000 Medical Specialist in Pediatrics, focus – Pediatric Cardiology.
- 2003 Habilitation in Pediatrics, University of Zurich.
- Senior Physician of the Department of Pediatric Cardiology and Head of the Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory for invasive diagnostics and interventional therapy (German Cardiology Center Berlin).
- Leading Physician of the Department of Pediatric Cardiology, University Hospital Zurich.
- 2004 Appointed as Professor (for life) and Head of the Department of Pediatric Cardiology at the Charite University Hospital Berlin.
- Non-invasive imaging (MRI, echocardiography).
- Resynchronization therapy.
- Interventional procedures to replace heart valves with the use of Melody or Edwards Sapien artificial valves.
- Application of bloodless treatment methods.
- Hybrid techniques for the treatment of congenital heart diseases.
Department of Pediatric Cardiology.
Charite University Hospital Berlin:
Request more information now.
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
Thank you for your confidence in the Booking Health portal.
A medical consultant will contact you and answer all your questions in the near future.
you will receive a reply shortly Home