Charite University Hospital Berlin
Department of Nuclear Medicine (278012)
Specialized in: nuclear medicine
About the department
The Department of Nuclear Medicine at the Charite University Hospital Berlin offers the full range of radioisotope diagnostics and treatment using radionuclides. Of particular interest to the department's specialists are the diagnostics and therapy of cancers, diseases of the nervous system, heart, musculoskeletal system, ENT pathologies, surgical diseases, disorders of the urological and gynecological sphere. The department's doctors carry out outpatient diagnostics, inpatient and outpatient treatment in accordance with the guidelines of professional societies. The department is headed by Prof. Dr. med. Winfried Brenner.
The department is equipped with all the innovative equipment available in nuclear medicine. For example, the department performs all types of scintigraphy (including whole body scintigraphy), SPECT, advanced hybrid examinations (SPECT-CT, PET-CT, PET-MR). In addition, the department has several radiochemical modules, including cyclotron for the synthesis of radioactive isotopes for SPECT and PET, as well as for the creation of radioisotope drugs.
The service range of the department includes:
- Outpatient diagnostics
- Brain examinations
- Dopamine D2 receptor scintigraphy
- Dopamine transporter scintigraphy
- Benzodiazepine receptor scintigraphy
- Cerebrospinal fluid scintigraphy
- Cardiovascular examinations
- Radionuclide ventriculography
- Myocardial perfusion scintigraphy
- Lung examinations
- Perfusion scintigraphy
- Ventilation scintigraphy
- Inhalation scintigraphy
- Kidney examination
- Perfusion/functional scintigraphy
- Glomerular and tubular clearance
- Static scintigraphy
- Abdominal/gastrointestinal examinations
- Hepatobiliary functional scintigraphy
- Selective spleen scintigraphy
- Radioactive blood pool scintigraphy
- Search for bleeding source
- Gastric mucosal examinations
- Esophageal scintigraphy
- Scintigraphy for the determination of gastric emptying degree
- Salivary gland scintigraphy
- Skeletal examinations
- Skeletal scintigraphy
- Bone marrow scintigraphy
- Scintigraphy for the detection of inflammatory processes
- Scintigraphy for the detection of benign and malignant neoplasms
- Endocrine examinations
- Thyroid scintigraphy
- Parathyroid scintigraphy
- Adrenal gland scintigraphy
- Examinations of the hematopoietic system
- Examinations of the lymphatic system
- Sentinel lymph node scintigraphy
- Scintigraphy in lymphedema
- Brain examinations
- PET-CT and PET-MRI
- Diagnostics of inflammations and neoplasms
- Diagnostics of brain function
- Skeletal diagnostics
- Prostate cancer diagnostics
- Diagnostics of brain tumors
- Diagnostics of neuroendocrine tumors
- Outpatient treatment
- Pain therapy in bone metastases
- Radiosynoviorthesis in joint pain
- Cevalin therapy
- Inpatient treatment
- Radioiodine therapy in thyroid diseases
- Peptide receptor radionuclide therapy in neuroendocrine tumors
- Selective intra-arterial radiation therapy in multiple liver metastases
- MIBG therapy in neuroblastomas
- Other medical services
- 1992 Doctor of Medicine, State Examination, Medical Faculty of the University Ulm.
- 2002 Habilitation in Nuclear Medicine, University Hospital Kiel.
Professional Experience (selected)
- 1992 - 1998 Physician and Research Assistant, Department of Nuclear Medicine, University Hospital Kiel.
- 1998 - 2002 Deputy Head, Department of Nuclear Medicine, University Hospital Kiel.
- 2002 - 2004 Visiting Professor, University of Washington, USA.
- 2004 - 2009 Professor of Nuclear Medicine (C3), Director PET-CT, Department of Nuclear Medicine, University Hospital Hamburg-Eppendorf.
- 2009 Head of the Department of Nuclear Medicine, Charite University Hospital Berlin.
Department of Nuclear Medicine.
Charite University Hospital Berlin:
Request more information now.
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
Thank you for your confidence in the Booking Health portal.
A medical consultant will contact you and answer all your questions in the near future.
you will receive a reply shortly Home