Charite University Hospital Berlin
Department of Nuclear Medicine (278012)
Specialized in: nuclear medicine
About the Department of Nuclear Medicine at Charite University Hospital Berlin
The Department of Nuclear Medicine at the Charite University Hospital Berlin offers the full range of radioisotope diagnostics and treatment using radionuclides. Of particular interest to the department's specialists are the diagnostics and therapy of cancers, diseases of the nervous system, heart, musculoskeletal system, ENT pathologies, surgical diseases, disorders of the urological and gynecological sphere. The department's doctors carry out outpatient diagnostics, inpatient and outpatient treatment in accordance with the guidelines of professional societies. The department is headed by Prof. Dr. med. Holger Amthauer.
The department is equipped with all the innovative equipment available in nuclear medicine. For example, the department performs all types of scintigraphy (including whole body scintigraphy), SPECT, advanced hybrid examinations (SPECT-CT, PET-CT, PET-MR). In addition, the department has several radiochemical modules, including cyclotron for the synthesis of radioactive isotopes for SPECT and PET, as well as for the creation of radioisotope drugs.
The service range of the department includes:
- Outpatient diagnostics
- Brain examinations
- Dopamine D2 receptor scintigraphy
- Dopamine transporter scintigraphy
- Benzodiazepine receptor scintigraphy
- Cerebrospinal fluid scintigraphy
- Cardiovascular examinations
- Radionuclide ventriculography
- Myocardial perfusion scintigraphy
- Lung examinations
- Perfusion scintigraphy
- Ventilation scintigraphy
- Inhalation scintigraphy
- Kidney examination
- Perfusion/functional scintigraphy
- Glomerular and tubular clearance
- Static scintigraphy
- Abdominal/gastrointestinal examinations
- Hepatobiliary functional scintigraphy
- Selective spleen scintigraphy
- Radioactive blood pool scintigraphy
- Search for bleeding source
- Gastric mucosal examinations
- Esophageal scintigraphy
- Scintigraphy for the determination of gastric emptying degree
- Salivary gland scintigraphy
- Skeletal examinations
- Skeletal scintigraphy
- Bone marrow scintigraphy
- Scintigraphy for the detection of inflammatory processes
- Scintigraphy for the detection of benign and malignant neoplasms
- Endocrine examinations
- Thyroid scintigraphy
- Parathyroid scintigraphy
- Adrenal gland scintigraphy
- Examinations of the hematopoietic system
- Examinations of the lymphatic system
- Sentinel lymph node scintigraphy
- Scintigraphy in lymphedema
- Brain examinations
- PET-CT and PET-MRI
- Diagnostics of inflammations and neoplasms
- Diagnostics of brain function
- Skeletal diagnostics
- Prostate cancer diagnostics
- Diagnostics of brain tumors
- Diagnostics of neuroendocrine tumors
- Outpatient treatment
- Pain therapy in bone metastases
- Radiosynoviorthesis in joint pain
- Cevalin therapy
- Inpatient treatment
- Radioiodine therapy in thyroid diseases
- Peptide receptor radionuclide therapy in neuroendocrine tumors
- Selective intra-arterial radiation therapy in multiple liver metastases
- MIBG therapy in neuroblastomas
- Other medical services
Curriculum vitae of Prof. Dr. med. Holger Amthauer
- 1986 - 1993 Study of Human Medicine in Budapest, Giessen and Munich (Technical University).
- 1998 Doctoral thesis defense with honors, Institute of Pathology, University Hospital Rechts der Isar Munich. Topic: "Areas of nucleation in neuroendocrine tumors of the gastrointestinal tract and pancreas: correlation with histopathological and clinical data".
- 13.11.2006 Habilitation and Venia legendi in Nuclear Medicine.
- Medical Specialist in Nuclear Medicine.
- Theoretical basics of the specialty in Diagnostic Radiology.
- Theoretical basics of the specialty in Radiation Protection.
- Comprehensive imaging using SPECT-CT and PET-CT in oncology.
- Development of new algorithms in the diagnostics of malignant diseases in childhood and adolescence.
- Diagnostics and treatment of neuroendocrine tumors using nuclear medicine techniques.
- Use of innovative radiopharmaceuticals in the diagnostics of neurodegenerative diseases and in neuro-oncology.
- Creation of a Molecular Imaging Center.
- Integration of outpatient and inpatient care.
- Creation of new treatment methods in the field of nuclear medicine (radioreceptor therapy, radioimmunotherapy, minimally invasive radionuclide therapy).
- Diagnostics of neurodegenerative and neuro-oncological diseases.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Charité – Universitätsmedizin Berlin
Department of Nuclear Medicine.
Charite University Hospital Berlin:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.