Chemotherapy in breast cancer (program ID: 108671)
Charite University Hospital Berlin
Jens-Uwe BlohmerSpecialized in: adult and pediatric gynecology, mammology
Department of Adult and Pediatric Gynecology, Mammology
- Initial presentation in the clinic
- clinical history taking
- physical examination
- laboratory tests:
- complete blood count
- biochemical analysis of blood
- tumor markers
- inflammation indicators
- indicators blood coagulation
- MRI of the breast
- breast mammography
- breast sonography
- testing for ER and PR
- the HER2 status
- Oncotype DX test (on indications, additional cost 4000 €)
- Mammaprint test (on indications, additional cost 3000 €)
- consultation of related specialists
- 1 curse of chemotherapy
- nursing services
- explanation of individual treatment plan
You may also book
About the department
According to the Focus magazine, the Department of Adult and Pediatric Gynecology, Mammology at the Charite University Hospital Berlin ranks among the top German medical facilities in the fields of its specialization!
The department offers all options of modern medicine for the diagnostics and treatment of diseases of the female reproductive organs and breast. Of particular interest is the treatment of cancers of the female reproductive organs and breast (certification of the German Cancer Society). In addition, the department's doctors have exceptional competence in the treatment of gynecological problems in children of all age groups, including surgical correction of congenital malformations of the reproductive organs. The department is proud of its outstanding treatment results achieved thanks to the professional skills of doctors and excellent technical base. The Chief Physician of the department is Prof. Dr. med. Jens-Uwe Blohmer.
Cancer pathologies of the female reproductive area are treated in interdisciplinary cooperation using reliable and effective therapeutic techniques. The department's gynecologists specialize in the treatment of ovarian fallopian tube, peritoneal, cervical, labial cancers and rare cancers. This field is certified by the European Society of Gynecological Oncology and the German Cancer Aid. Each clinical case is considered on an individual basis, after which an optimal treatment strategy is developed. If surgical intervention is required, the preference is always given to sparing minimally invasive surgery.
Also, the department's doctors are engaged in the treatment of benign gynecological diseases, for example, endometriosis, uterine fibroids, benign breast changes. An integral part of clinical practice is the provision of medical care to girls and teenage girls with diseases of the gynecological range. The focus in this field is on the surgical correction of reproductive malformations (for example, vaginal agenesis, uterine malformations), treatment of infections, puberty disorders, menstrual disorders, malignant neoplasms, etc.
The priority of the department's mammologists is the treatment of breast cancer, including hereditary types. The therapeutic options include comprehensive diagnostics, accurate planning of individual treatment, conduction of all necessary therapeutic measures, follow-up care. In the case of breast resection, the doctors perform modern types of plastic surgery using implants and patient's own tissues. Psychological care is also an important component of therapy, since the detection of cancer is always associated with fears and negative emotions.
The service range of the department includes:
- Diagnostics and treatment of cancer of the female genital organs
- Uterine cancer
- Cervical cancer
- Ovarian cancer
- Vulvar cancer
- Fallopian tube cancer
- Labial cancer
- Rare types of gynecological tumors
- Gynecological neuroendocrine tumors (treatment within the interdisciplinary center)
- Gynecological sarcomas (treatment within the interdisciplinary center)
- Diagnostics and treatment of breast cancer
- Consultations on hereditary breast and ovarian cancers
- Diagnostics and treatment of endometriosis
- Diagnostics and treatment of uterine fibroids
- Radiological therapeutic techniques
- MRI-guided focused ultrasound therapy
- Uterine fibroid embolization
- Surgical treatment
- Uterine fibroid resection
- Uterine resection
- Combined treatment using embolization and surgical intervention
- Radiological therapeutic techniques
- Diagnostics and treatment of gynecological problems in children and adolescents
- Congenital malformations of the reproductive organs in girls
- Puberty disorders
- Menstrual cycle disorders
- Tumors of the reproductive organs
- Psychological care (for example, after sexual abuse, in sexual differentiation disorders, anorexia, bulimia, tumors)
- Prevention: intimate hygiene, sex education, contraception, HPV vaccination
- Diagnostics and treatment of other diseases of the female reproductive organs, mammary gland
- 2000 Habilitation in Gynecology and Obstetrics, Charite University Hospital Berlin, Senior Physician of the Department of Gynecology at the Charite, Berlin.
- 2004 - 2014 Head of the Breast Center at the Sankt Gertrauden-Krankenhaus Clinic, Berlin.
- 2005 - 2014 Chief Physician of the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at the Sankt Gertrauden-Krankenhaus Clinic, Berlin.
- Since 1 September 2014, Head of the Department of Adult and Pediatric Gynecology, Mammology, Charite University Hospital Berlin.
- Breast cancer: diagnostics, surgical treatment, chemotherapy, drug treatment with monoclonal antibodies and hormones.
- Breast reconstruction: installation of implants, reconstruction of muscles with the help of the patient’s own tissues.
- Intraoperative radiotherapy for the treatment of breast cancer.
- Three-dimensional ultrasound examination of the mammary glands and ovaries.
- Treatment of ovarian, uterine, cervical cancer: diagnostics, surgical treatment, drug therapy and follow-up.
Special Clinical Focuses
- Treatment of gynecological cancers (chemotherapy and surgery).
- Treatment of benign gynecological diseases.
- Laser therapy for malignant diseases of the female genital organs.
- Radical hysterectomy.
- Partial hysterectomy.