Treatment of lung emphysema with endoscopic reduction of lung volume by valve implantation (program ID: 302307)
Charite University Hospital Berlin
Bodo NiggemannSpecialized in: pediatric pneumology, immunology and intensive care medicine
- Initial presentation in the clinic
- clinical history taking
- review of medical records
- physical examination
- laboratory tests:
- complete blood count
- biochemical analysis of blood
- inflammation indicators (CRP, ESR)
- indicators blood coagulation
- x-ray and bronchography
- electrocardiogram (ECG)
- high-resolution computed tomography (HR-CT)
- preoperative care
- endoscopic valve implantation
- symptomatic treatment
- control examinations
- the cost of essential medicines and materials
- nursing services
- full hospital accommodation
- explanation of future recommendations
You may also book
About the department
The Department of Pediatric Pneumology, Immunology and Intensive Care Medicine at the University Hospital Charite is located at the Campus Virchow-Klinikum. The department is headed by Prof. Dr. Bodo Niggemann.
The department treats acute and chronically ill patients with allergies, pulmonary, immunological and rheumatological diseases from birth up to the age of full physical development. Moreover, it specializes in the treatment of cystic fibrosis.
The Department of Pediatric Pneumology, Immunology and Intensive Care Medicine is engaged in the research of allergies, immunodeficiencies, HIV, tuberculosis, cysic fibrosis, rheumatic diseases in children, as well as in the research of infectious immunology.
- 1975 - 1981 Study of Medicine in Hamburg and Heidelberg.
- 1981 Medical License (Heidelberg).
- 1981 Thesis (Heidelberg).
- 1981 - 1982 15-month course in toxicology (Hannover Medical School).
- 1989 Medical Specialist in Pediatrics (Hamburg).
- 1990 - 2007 Leading Senior Physician, Department of Pediatric Pneumology, Immunology and Intensive Care Medicine, Charite University Hospital Berlin.
- 1991 Additional qualification in Allergology (Berlin).
- 1995 Habilitation and PD title (Berlin).
- 2001 Visiting Professor (Berlin).
- 2014 Appointed as a Head of the Department of Pediatric Pneumology, Immunology and Intensive Care Medicine, Charite University Hospital Berlin.
- 2001 Albrecht von Graefe Prize, Charite.
- May 2014 Award of the European Academy of Allergy and Clinical Immunology (EAACI) for outstanding activities in the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of allergic diseases in children.
- American Academy for Allergy, Asthma and Immunology (AAAAI).
- Medical Association of German Allergists (AEDA).
- German Society of Allergology and Clinical Immunology (DGAKI).
- German Society of Pediatrics (DGKJ).
- European Academy of Allergology and Clinical Immunology (EAACI).
- European Society of Respiratory Medicine (ERS).
- Society of Pediatric Allergology (GPA).
- Society of Pediatric Pulmonology (GPP).
Accommodation in hospital
- Program [Description]
Treatment of lung emphysema with endoscopic reduction of lung volume by valve implantation
- Hospital: Charite University Hospital Berlin
- access_time Duration:
There are 60 pulmonary emphysema treatment hospitals on Booking Health websiteShow all clinics