Multimodality treatment of peritoneal carcinomatosis with cytoreductive surgery and HIPEC (program ID: 372642)
Charite University Hospital Berlin
Martin KreisSpecialized in: general, abdominal and vascular surgery
Department of General, Abdominal and Vascular Surgery
- Initial presentation in the clinic
- clinical history taking
- review of medical records
- physical examination
- laboratory tests:
- complete blood count
- general urine analysis
- biochemical analysis of blood
- TSH-basal, fT3, fT4
- tumor markers
- inflammation indicators (CRP, ESR)
- indicators blood coagulation
- abdominal ultrasound
- CT/MRI or PET-CT examination of abdomen
- preoperative care
- cytoreductive surgery to remove visible tumors
within the abdomen and HIPEC
- histologically and immunohistochemically
examination of removed tissue
- symptomatic treatment
- cost of essential medicines
- nursing services
- stay in the hospital with a full board
- accommodation in a 2-bed room
- elaboration further recommendations
You may also book
About the department
According to the Focus magazine, the Department of General, Abdominal and Vascular Surgery at the Charite University Hospital Berlin ranks among the top German medical facilities specializing in the treatment of bowel and lung cancer!
The department offers all the modern surgical options for the treatment of diseases of the abdominal cavity and blood vessels. The department's doctors have expert knowledge and vast experience in the treatment of colorectal cancer, stomach, esophageal, pancreatic cancers, liver metastases, inflammatory bowel diseases (diverticular disease, Crohn's disease, ulcerative colitis). Also, they specialize in the surgical treatment of vascular pathologies and thyroid diseases. The department is headed by Prof. Dr. med. Martin Kreis.
The department's medical team provides first-class medical care using the very latest scientific achievements and demonstrates understanding of the needs and wishes of each patient. The excellent technical equipment plays a significant role in the successful clinical practice of a medical institution as well. The department offers modern operating rooms with high-precision computer equipment, monitoring systems, devices for robot-assisted surgery, etc. In addition, the department has a hybrid operating room.
The department's surgeons widely practice both classical surgical interventions and modern surical procedures, including minimally invasive surgery ("keyhole surgery") and robot-assisted surgeries (surgery using the da Vinci Surgical System). In the field of vascular surgery, the doctors also offer endovascular interventions. Due attention is paid to interdisciplinary cooperation, for example, with the Departments of Gastroenterology and Oncology. Thanks to cutting-edge equipment for endoscopic and radiological examinations, the department's specialists can make the most accurate diagnosis, determine the stage of the pathology and its localization, and also accurately plan the surgical treatment.
The main clinical focuses of the department include:
- Surgical oncology
- Bowel cancer
- Liver metastases
- Surgical techniques (for example, partial liver resection)
- Minimally invasive ablation techniques (for example, radiofrequency ablation, microwave ablation)
- Esophageal carcinoma
- Stomach cancer
- Recurrent rectal cancer
- Pancreatic cancer
- Thyroid cancer
- Surgical treatment of chronic inflammatory bowel diseases
- Crohn's disease
- Ulcerative colitis
- Abdominal surgery
- Sigmoid diverticulitis
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease
- Inguinal hernia
- Incisional hernia
- Coloproctological diseases (minimally invasive surgery, robotic interventions)
- Fecal incontinence
- Defecation disorders
- Rectal prolapse
- Anal fissures, fistulas, abscesses
- Anal, rectal tumors
- Vascular surgery
- Aortic aneurysm repair
- Minimally invasive removal of aortic aneurysm
- Open surgeries
- Treatment of peripheral arterial occlusive disease of the lower extremities
- Conservative treatment (drug therapy)
- Minimally invasive treatment techniques (for example, percutaneous transluminal angioplasty, stent implantation)
- Open surgery (in advanced stages of the disease)
- Treatment of carotid stenosis
- Treatment of thrombosis and postthrombotic syndrome
- Dialysis access formation in patients with kidney failure
- Treatment of varicose veins
- Thermal ablation
- Mechanical and chemical endovenous ablation
- Open surgical interventions
- Aortic aneurysm repair
- Other diseases and treatment methods
- 1986 - 1993 Study of Human Medicine.
- 1994 Doctoral thesis defense.
- 1994 - 2004 Work in the Department of Surgery at the University Hospital Tuebingen.
- 2001 Medical Specialist in Surgery.
- 2003 Qualification in Abdominal Surgery.
- 2003 Habilitation and appointment as a Senior Physician.
- 2004 - 2012 Work in the Department of Surgery, Campus Grosshadern.
- Since 01.10.2012 W3 Professor and Head of the Department of General, Abdominal and Vascular Surgery at the Charite University Hospital Berlin, Campus Benjamin Franklin.
- Cancer surgery.
- Chronic inflammatory bowel diseases.
- Minimally invasive surgery.
Membership in Professional Societies
- German Society of Surgery (DGCH).
- German Society of General and Abdominal Surgery (DGAV).
- Society for Surgery of the Alimentary Tract (SSAT).
- German Society of Coloproctology (DGK).
- German Society of Neurogastroenterology and Motility (DGNM).
- European Society of Neurogastroenterology (ESN).
Accommodation in hospital
- Program [Description]
Multimodality treatment of peritoneal carcinomatosis with cytoreductive surgery and HIPEC
- Hospital: Charite University Hospital Berlin
- access_time Duration:
There are 25 ovarian cancer treatment hospitals on Booking Health websiteShow all clinics