Multimodality treatment of peritoneal carcinomatosis with cytoreductive surgery and HIPEC (program ID: 372642)
Charite University Hospital Berlin
Martin E. KreisSpecialized in: general, abdominal and vascular surgery
Department of General, Abdominal and Vascular Surgery
- Initial presentation in the clinic
- clinical history taking
- review of medical records
- physical examination
- laboratory tests:
- complete blood count
- general urine analysis
- biochemical analysis of blood
- TSH-basal, fT3, fT4
- tumor markers
- inflammation indicators (CRP, ESR)
- indicators blood coagulation
- abdominal ultrasound
- CT/MRI or PET-CT examination of abdomen
- preoperative care
- cytoreductive surgery to remove visible tumors
within the abdomen and HIPEC
- histologically and immunohistochemically
examination of removed tissue
- symptomatic treatment
- cost of essential medicines
- nursing services
- stay in the hospital with a full board
- accommodation in a 2-bed room
- elaboration further recommendations
You may also book
About the department
The Department of General, Abdominal and Vascular Surgery at the University Hospital Charite Berlin under the direction of Prof. Dr. med. Martin E. Kreis provides services in the field of general, visceral surgery and other surgical areas. The division consists of 3 departments functioning in 3 centers: Department of General, Visceral and Vascular Surgery at the Campus Benjamin Franklin (headed by Prof. Dr. med. Martin E. Kreis), Department of General, Visceral and Transplantation Surgery at the Campus Vichow-Klinikum and Department of General, Visceral, Vascular and Thoracic Surgery at the Campus Charite Mitte (headed by Univ.-Prof. Dr. med. Johann Pratschke).
The Campus Benjamin Franklin is mostly focused on cytoreductive surgery, chronic inflammatory bowel disease, minimally invasive surgery, metastatic surgery and vascular surgery.
The Campus Vichow-Klinikum houses the Certified Cancer Centre, the Certified Competence Center for Minimally Invasive Surgery and the Certified Competence Center for Surgical Treatment of Pancreatic Diseases. Its central focus is on liver surgery, pancreatic surgery, esophageal and gastric surgery, minimally invasive surgery and endocrine surgery.
The Campus Mitte provides medical services in the field of general, visceral, thoracis surgery, melanoma surgery, plastic and reconstructive surgery, bariatric surgery, peritoneal surgery / HIPEC (hyperthermic intraperitoneal chemotherapy) and minimally invasive surgery (MIS).
According to the Focus magazine rating of 2017, the Department of General, Abdominal and Vascular Surgery at the University Hospital Charite ranks among the top German departments specializing in colon and lung cancer treatment!
- 1986 - 1993 Study of Medicine.
- 1994 PhD defense.
- 1994 - 2004 Work in the Department of Surgery at the University Hospital Tübingen.
- 2001 Medical Specialist in Surgery.
- 2003 Qualification in Abdominal Surgery.
- 2003 Habilitation and appointment as a Senior Physician.
- 2004 - 2012 Work in the Department of Surgery and Polyclinic Grosshadern.
- Since 01.10.2012, W3 Professor and Head of the Department of General, Abdominal and Vascular Surgery at the Charite University Hospital Berlin, Campus Benjamin Franklin.
- Surgical oncology.
- Chronic inflammatory bowel diseases.
- Minimally invasive surgery.
Membership in the Professional Societies
- German Society of Surgery (DGCH).
- German Society of General and Abdominal Surgery (DGAV).
- Society for Surgery of the Gastrointestinal Tract (SSAT).
- German Society of Coloproctology (DGK).
- German Society of Neurogastroenterology and Motility (DGNM).
- European Society of Neurogastroenterology (ESN).
Accommodation in hospital
- Program [Description]
Multimodality treatment of peritoneal carcinomatosis with cytoreductive surgery and HIPEC
- Hospital: Charite University Hospital Berlin
- access_time Duration:
There are 26 ovarian cancer treatment hospitals on Booking Health websiteShow all clinics