University Hospital Mainz
Department of Nephrology and Dialysis (500978)
Specialized in: nephrology, dialysis
About the Department of Nephrology and Dialysis at University Hospital Mainz
The Department of Nephrology and Dialysis at the University Hospital Mainz offers the full range of services in these fields. It provides diagnostics and treatment of all benign kidney diseases, special consultations for patients with indications for kidney transplantation and monitoring of patients after transplantation. The medical institution works in close cooperation with the Department of Urology, as well as with many Dialysis Centers in the region. The department is headed by Prof. Dr. med. Julia Weinmann-Menke. She is one of the best doctors in the field of her specialization and has won many prestigious awards.
The service range of the department includes the diagnostics and treatment of the following kidney diseases:
- Glomerulonephritis of various origins
- Tubulointerstitial nephritis
- Analgesic nephropathy
- Balkan nephritis
- Nephropathy in pregnancy
- Renal tubular dysfunction
- Diabetes mellitus of renal origin
- Renal tubular acidosis
- Bartter Syndrome
- Gitelman syndrome
- Kidney failure, including acute form
- Chronic kidney failure and uremia
- Polycystic kidney disease
- Chronic kidney failure complications
- Renal osteopathy
- Renal anemia
- Arterial hypertension
- Kidneys inflammatory diseases of various origins (for example, glomerulonephritis and pyelonephritis)
- Kidney damage due to the influence of toxins, drugs and infections
- Congenital kidney failure (for example, polycystic kidney disease)
- Other pathologies
The department offers the following types of dialysis:
- Acute dialysis
- Care for patients with chronic dialysis during the inpatient treatment
- Dialysis in patients with infections (hepatitis B and C viruses, HIV, vancomycin-resistant enterococcus, staphylococcus aureus, ESBL synthesizing microorganisms, mycobacterium tuberculosis)
- Citrate dialysis
- Plasma exchange
- Liver dialysis
- Other types of dialysis
Curriculum vitae of Prof. Dr. med. Julia Weinmann-Menke
- 1997 - 2004 Study of Human Medicine, Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz.
- 2004 Medical examination and admission to medical practice.
- 2004 - 2006 Assistant Physician in the Department of Internal Medicine I, University Hospital Mainz.
- 2005 Doctoral Degree in Nephrology and Clinical Immunology, Department of Internal Medicine I, University Hospital Mainz (Doctoral thesis defense with honors).
- 2006 - 2008 German Research Foundation Scholarship, Harvard Medical School, Brigham and Women's Hospital, Boston, USA. Laboratory: Prof. Dr. V. R. Kelley.
- 2008 - 2012 Assistant Physician, Department of Internal Medicine I, University Hospital Mainz.
- 2011 Medical Specialist in Internal Medicine.
- 2012 Habilitation and Venia Legendi in the Internal Medicine.
- 2012 Specialization in Nephrology.
- Since 2012 Head of the Department of Nephrology and Dialysis at the University Hospital Mainz.
- Since 2013 Teaching activities, Internal Medicine, University Hospital Mainz.
- Since 2014 Authorized Person in Transplantation, University Hospital Mainz.
- 2006 - 2008 Research Scholarship of the German Research Foundation.
- 2010 Dagmar-Eissner Encouriging Prize for Young Scientists.
- 2005 and 2009 Award (Posterpreis) of the German Society for Rheumatology.
- 2010, 2012, 2013 ARRP Award (Posterpreis).
- 2011 Award (Posterpreis) of the Therapists Congress Saar and Rhineland-Palatinate.
- 2013 Young Investigators Award (Rheumatology), German Society of Internal Medicine.
- 2014 Boehringer Ingelheim Prize.
- 2015 Research Scholarship of the German Society of Nephrology.
- 2014 and 2015 Rhineland-Palatinate Lecturer Prize.
- German Society of Internal Medicine.
- German Society for Rheumatology.
- German Transplantation Society
- American Society of Nephrology.
- Working Group on Rheumatology and Joint Center for Rheumatology Rhineland-Palatinate.
- Journal of Immunology.
- Journal of Rheumatology.
- Journal of the American Society of Nephrology.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Universitätsmedizin der Johannes Gutenberg-Universität Mainz
Department of Nephrology and Dialysis.
University Hospital Mainz:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.