University Hospital Mainz
Department of Pediatric Endocrinology (501017)
Specialized in: pediatric endocrinology
About the department
The Department of Pediatric Endocrinology at the University Hospital Mainz offers the diagnostics and treatment of the full range of hormonal disorders and diseases of endocrine glands. The department specializes in the treatment of diseases of the pituitary, thyroid and parathyroid, adrenal glands, correction of Vitamin D metabolism disorders, puberty and growth disorders, etc. The department is part of the Center for Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine, which ranks among the leading Pediatric Centers in Germany. The Chief Physician of the department is Prof. Dr. med. Joachim Pohlenz.
Along with the collection of anamnesis and physical examination, a laboratory or imaging examination is carried out to determine the exact diagnosis. With detected endocrine disorders, doctors develop an optimal scheme and start treatment, as a rule, on an outpatient basis. If necessary, the patient may be hospitalized for inpatient therapy. To ensure the highest quality of treatment, there is active cooperation with other departments of the Center for Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine.
The service range of the department includes the following options:
- Diagnostics and treatment of pituitary diseases
- Diagnostics and treatment of thyroid diseases
- Diagnostics and treatment of parathyroid diseases
- Diagnostics and treatment of adrenal diseases
- Correction of vitamin D metabolic disorders
- Diagnostics and treatment of sexual development disorders
- Diagnostics and treatment of growth disorders
- Diagnostics and treatment of other diseases related to the endocrine glands
Photo of the doctor: (c) Universitätsmedizin der Johannes Gutenberg-Universität Mainz
Department of Pediatric Endocrinology.
University Hospital Mainz:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.