University Hospital Freiburg
Department of Pediatric Surgery (459500)
Specialized in: pediatric surgery
About the department
The Department of Pediatric Surgery at the University Hospital Freiburg offers the full range of conservative and surgical treatment of surgical diseases of all organ systems in children. The department specializes in the treatment of umbilical and inguinal hernia, esophageal atresia, congenital defects of the anterior abdominal wall, etc. Due to the use of the very latest medical technologies and modern forms of anesthesia, a large number of operations are performed on an outpatient basis. The Chief Physician of the department is Dr. med. Wolfram Kluwe.
The Chief Physician of the department, Dr. med. Wolfram Kluwe, is one of the leading specialists in pediatric surgery and traumatology in Germany. Dr. Kluwe is committed to a comprehensive, interdisciplinary approach to treating patients. The doctor has expertise in various areas of pediatric orthopedics, in particular, in the field of treatment of bone fractures and injuries due to an accident.
Outpatient treatment in the department has a number of significant advantages. The treatment is provided at the highest, university level and is distinguished by the best possible safety. For the purpose of patient safety, in case of unforeseen complications or at the request of the parents, the child can be placed in the hospital for the required period at any time.
The service range of the department includes the treatment of the following diseases in childhood:
- All surgical diseases of the internal organs
- Umbilical hernia
- Inguinal hernia
- Esophageal atresia (congenital esophageal hypoplasia)
- Congenital defects of the anterior abdominal wall
- And other diseases and developmental pathologies
- 1990 - 1996 Study of Medicine at the Faculty of Medicine (Charité), Humboldt University in Berlin.
- 1996 Admission to medical practice (approbation).
- 1996 - 1998 Department of Paediatric Surgery at the University Hospital Charité, Humboldt University of Berlin.
- 1998 - 1999 Pediatric Intensive Care Unit of the University Hospital Charité, Humboldt University of Berlin.
- 1999 Expert of the Emergency Medical Service.
- 2000 Department of Neonatology at the University Hospital Charité, Humboldt University of Berlin.
- 2001 - 2005 Department of Pediatric Surgery at the University Hospital Charité, Humboldt University of Berlin.
- 2003 Board certification as a Medical Specialist in Pediatric Surgery.
- 2004 Thesis defense at the Department of Rheumatology and Clinical Immunology, Faculty of Medicine of the Humboldt University of Berlin. Subject of the dissertation: Clinical significance of soluble receptors of tumor necrosis factor in systemic lupus erythematosus.
- 2005 - 2010 Chief Physician of the Department of Pediatric Surgery and Pediatric Urology, Inselspital Clinic, Bern.
- 2011 - 2017 Chief Physician of the Department of Pediatric Surgery at the Asklepios Clinic Sankt Augustin.
- Since 2017 Chief Physician of the Department of Pediatric Surgery at the University Hospital Freiburg.
Photo of the doctor: (с) Universitätsklinikum Freiburg
Department of Pediatric Surgery.
University Hospital Freiburg:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.