University Hospital Freiburg
Department of Neurology and Neurophysiology (487061)
Specialized in: neurology, neurophysiology
About the Department of Neurology and Neurophysiology at University Hospital Freiburg
59 Booking Health patients have already received treatment in the Department of Neurology and Neurophysiology at the University Hospital Freiburg.
95% of patients recommend this hospital and department.
You can read reviews about the quality of the Booking Health service here.
The Department of Neurology and Neurophysiology at the University Hospital Freiburg offers the full range of services in the field of diagnostics and treatment of diseases of the nervous system. The medical institution specializes in the treatment of acute and urgent clinical conditions. It is also a certified supra-regional Stroke Center and an interdisciplinary Center for Neurovascular Diseases. In addition, using the methods of differential diagnostics and modern therapies, the doctors of the department provide an effective treatment of Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, Lyme disease, meningitis and other pathologies. The department is headed by Prof. Dr. med. Cornelius Weiller.
It is known that the accurate diagnostics is the key to successful treatment, therefore, the department has the state-of-art diagnostic capabilities for the detection of neurological pathology of any severity.
The following diagnostic services are available here:
Electronystagmography (for example, in the case of eye movement disorders)
|Laboratory of Clinical Electrophysiology|
|Cerebrospinal fluid testing (for example, in meningitis, brain hemorrhage, multiple sclerosis, or brain tumors)|
|Examinations of the autonomic nervous system|
|Tremor diagnostics laboratory (patient's hand is examined at rest, when hanging down and in the outstretched position)|
|All modern ultrasound examinations of the nervous system|
|Other diagnostic methods|
The department specializes in the treatment of the following diseases of the nervous system:
Curriculum vitae of Prof. Dr. med. Cornelius Weiller
- 1993 Habilitation.
- 1987 Doctor of Medicine.
- 1984 American medical examination (ECFMG).
- 1976 - 1983 Study of Human Medicine in Gent, Erlangen and Aachen.
- Since 2005 Professor of Neurology (C4) and Head of the Department of Neurology and Neurophysiology at the University Hospital Freiburg.
- 1999 - 2005 Professor of Neurology (C4) and Head of the Department of Neurology, Hamburg.
- 1996 - 1999 Professor of Neurology (C4) and Head of the Department of Neurology, Jena.
- 1991 - 1996 Senior Lecturer (C2) and Senior Physician of the Department of Neurology, Essen.
- 1990 - 1991 Postdoc at the MRC Cyclotron Unit, Hammersmith Hospital, London (Prof. Frackowiak).
- 1984 - 1990 Professional training in Pathology, Psychiatry and Neurology, Erlangen (Prof. V. Becker), Bonn (Prof. G. Huber), and Aachen (Prof. K. Poeck).
Honors and Awards
- Since 2005 Board of Directors, Hermann Paul Institute for Linguistics, Freiburg.
- Since 2004 Scientific Advisory Board, "Brain".
- Since 2004 Section Head, Faculty 1000, Neurology.
- 2004 - 2005 Expert Evaluation, EU.
- 2003 Founding Director of NeuroImage Nord.
- 2003 Director of the Lurija Institute, Konstanz.
- Since 2002 Editorial Board "NeuroImage".
- Since 2001 Co-editor of the journal "Neurologie und Rehabilitation".
- 2001 - 2003 German-American Frontiers of Science (GAFOS).
- 2000 - 2007 Professional Reviewer, German Research Foundation.
- Since 1998 Advisory Board of Tom Wahlig Foundation.
- Since 1995 Senior Honorary Fellow, UCL, London, UK.
- 1994 Hugo Spatz Prize of the German Society of Neurology.
- 1991 - 1993 Young Investigators Awards.
- 1990 Feodor Lynen Scholarship.
Membership in the Professional Societies
- American Heart Association (AHA).
- American Society for Neurorehabilitation.
- German Society of Neurology (DGN).
- German Society for Clinical Neurophysiology and Functional Imaging (DGKN).
- German Society of Ultrasound in Medicine (DEGUM).
- German Society for Neurological Intensive Care and Emergency Medicine (DGNI).
- German Society for Muscular Diseases.
- German Stroke Society.
- German Neuroscience Society (NWG).
- European Stroke Organisation (ESO).
- Society for Neuroscience (SfN).
- Society for the Neurobiology of Language.
Photo of the doctor: (с) Universitätsklinikum Freiburg
Department of Neurology and Neurophysiology.
University Hospital Freiburg:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.