University Hospital Greifswald
Department of General, Abdominal, Thoracic and Vascular Surgery (568596)
Specialized in: general, abdominal, thoracic, vascular surgery
About the department
The Department of General, Abdominal, Thoracic and Vascular Surgery at the University Hospital Greifswald offers the full range of services in these medical fields. The department is headed by Prof. Dr. med. Claus-Dieter Heidecke, who, according to the Focus magazine, ranks among the top German doctors!
The department is equipped with the modern operating rooms with the possibility of both classical open and sparing minimally invasive surgical interventions, which ensure the minimal blood loss and pain, as well as reduce the risk of postoperative complications. The department's specialists have the outstanding qualifications, which allow them to perform the extremely complex interventions. The department’s priority is abdominal cancer surgery.The department is certified by the German Cancer Society in the treatment of bowel and pancreatic cancers.
The service range of the department includes:
- Pancreatic surgery
- Pancreatic cancer
- Chronic pancreatitis
- Acute pancreatitis
- Pancreatic cysts
- Congenital anomalies
- Endocrine tumors
- Pancreatic traumatic injuries
- Thyroid surgery
- Autonomous adenoma
- Malignant thyroid neoplasms
- Parathyroid surgery
- Parathyroid adenoma (hyperparathyroidism)
- Esophageal surgery
- Zenker's diverticulum
- Esophageal cancer
- Esophageal varices
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease
- Esophageal traumatic injuries
- Gallbladder/bile duct surgery
- Concrements in the gallbladder and bile ducts
- Gallbladder/bile duct cancer
- Bile duct stenosis
- Liver surgery
- Benign and malignant liver neoplasms
- Liver cysts
- Liver metastases
- Liver traumatic injuries
- Stomach surgery
- Stomach cancer
- Benign neoplasms
- Bowel surgery
- Intestinal obstruction
- Bowel cancer
- Intestinal benign neoplasm
- Colon cancer
- Colorectal surgery
- Rectal cancer
- Adenomatous polyps
- Hernia repair
- Hernias of any localization (open and laparoscopic interventions)
- Recurrent hernias
- Bariatric surgery (obesity treatment)
- Thoracic surgery
- Esophageal surgery
- Mediastinal tumors
- Thoracoscopic intervention
- Minimally invasive interventions
- Lung tumors
- Inflammatory processes in the lungs
- Vascular surgery
- Brachial artery surgery
- Femoral artery surgery
- Inguinal artery surgery
- Abdominal aorta surgery
- Carotid artery surgery
- Surgery in acute arterial occlusion
- Vein surgery (varicose veins)
- Dialysis access formation
- Vascular interventions, which are performed in collaboration with the Department of Interventional Radiology
- Angiography of vessels of all localizations (supra-aortic vessels, arteries of the abdominal cavity, pelvis, lower limbs)
- Balloon dilatation of the pelvic and lower limb arteries (also of the shin arteries)
- Balloon dilatation in renal artery stenosis
- Stent implantation (including in abdominal aortic aneurysm)
- Carotid balloon dilatation
- Other medical services
Professor Heidecke studied Medicine at the University of Regensburg and the Technical University of Munich. In 1974, he became a Member of the Corps Franconia Jena, and in 1978 he became a Member of the Corps Franconia Munich. In 1981 he defended his doctoral thesis at the Technical University of Munich (experimental work), then he was habilitated.
Today, the Doctor is the Head of the Department of General, Abdominal, Thoracic and Vascular Surgery, as well as the Head of the Bowel Center and the Pancreas Center (together with Markus M. Lerch) at the University Hospital Greifswald. Since 2002 till 2012, he held the position of the Dean of the Faculty of Medicine at the University of Greifswald, where he fulfilled a curriculum for the reform of the process of obtaining a degree in medicine in the field of clinical activities. Since 2009, Professor Heidecke has been the Сhairman of the Surgical Association for Quality and Safety in Surgical Care (CAQS) of the German Society of Surgery. In 2011, he successfully completed a Master’s Degree in Health Management, University of Osnabrück.
In 2004, he headed the 173rd Board Meeting of the Association of Northwestern German Surgeons. In 2014 and 2015, Professor Heidecke was the President of the German Society for General and Visceral Surgery. In this position, he and Peter Galle (DGVS) led the сonference on Abdominal Surgery 2014 in Leipzig.
Department of General, Abdominal, Thoracic and Vascular Surgery.
University Hospital Greifswald:
Request more information now.
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
Thank you for your confidence in the Booking Health portal.
After submitting your application, you will be contacted by the Booking Health Medical Coordinator within 24 hours, who will coordinate the deadlines and arrange an online consultation.
you will receive a reply shortly Home