University Hospital Greifswald
Department of Adult and Pediatric Ophthalmology (568599)
Specialized in: adult and pediatric ophthalmology
About the department
The Department of Adult and Pediatric Ophthalmology at the University Hospital Greifswald offers the full range of diagnostics and treatment of diseases of the eye and its appendages. Both conservative and surgical treatment methods are available in the department. The department operates one of the most active German Eye Banks. The specialists of the bank receive from 300 to 400 corneas in order to check their quality and prepare for the transplantation. The department is equipped with the advanced laser equipment for the treatment of diseases of the retina and glaucoma. The department's competence also includes cosmetic and aesthetic procedures. The Chief Physician of the department is Prof. Dr. med. Andreas Stahl.
The diagnostic and therapeutic range of the department includes:
- Treatment of diseases of the retina and vitreous body (vitrectomy)
- Cataract surgery
- Glaucoma surgery
- Combined interventions (for example, retinal surgery in combination with cataract removal or glaucoma correction)
- Corneal transplantation (keratoplasty)
- Orbital surgery
- Conservative and surgical treatment of the lacrimal duct diseases
- Eyelid surgery (removal of tumors, correction of malformations, treatment of injuries)
- Cosmetic plastic and aesthetic surgery
- Treatment of inflammatory eye diseases (uveitis)
- Treatment of immunological conjunctival diseases (for example, graft versus host diseases)
- Intravitreal surgical administration of drugs and photodynamic therapy in retinal diseases
- Laser therapy in retinal diseases (for example, diabetic retinopathy, macular hole)
- Laser therapy in secondary cataract
- Laser therapy for intraocular pressure reduction (glaucoma therapy)
- Conservative and surgical treatment of strabismus
- Treatment of pediatric eye diseases
- Electrophysiological examinations
- Other diagnostic and therapeutic options
Photo of the doctor: (с) Universitätsmedizin Greifswald
Department of Adult and Pediatric Ophthalmology.
University Hospital Greifswald:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.