University Hospital Greifswald
Department of Dermatology (568611)
Specialized in: dermatology
About the department
The Department of Dermatology at the University Hospital Greifswald offers the full range of services in this field and specializes in the treatment of all skin diseases. Of particular interest is the treatment of malignant skin tumors. The department's scope of activities also includes the treatment of vein diseases (for example, chronic venous insufficiency, deep vein thrombosis, varicose veins) and chronic wounds. The department provides medical care of the highest university level. The clinical practice is based on the use of classical and innovative effective treatment methods. The Chief Physician of the department is Prof. Dr. med. Michael Jünger.
The service range of the department includes:
- Diagnostics and treatment of skin cancer, in particular, malignant melanoma and precancerous conditions (including sentinel lymph node biopsy, drug, photodynamic treatment)
- Microscopic examination of skin tissue in dermatological diseases
- Diagnostics and treatment of skin diseases due to the professional activities
- Diagnostics and treatment of allergic skin diseases, including the allergies to drugs, insect venom (vaccine therapy, desensitization)
- Diagnostics and treatment of acute thrombosis
- Diagnostics and treatment of chronic venous diseases (for example, postthrombotic syndrome, varicose veins, leg ulcers)
- The very latest treatments
- Minimally invasive endoluminal laser therapy in varicose veins
- Ultrasound-guided sclerotherapy for varicose veins
- Laser therapy
- Skin grafting for the treatment of ulcers/chronic wounds in the legs
- The very latest treatments
- Mycological and bacteriological researches of diseases of the skin, hair, nails and mucous membranes
- Diagnostics and treatment of excessive sweating (hyperhidrosis)
- Diagnostics and treatment of photodermatitis
- Phototherapeutic procedures, such as UVB / UVA, UVB 311nm, photodynamic therapy and extracorporeal photopheresis (for example, in the case of skin lymphoma, graft versus host disease)
- Laser treatment of vascular malignant tumors, as well as the removal of skin tumors using a laser
- Diagnostics and treatment of the male reproductive disorders, as well as ultrasound examination of the testicles and penile blood vessels, microscopic semen analysis
- Immunoadsorption in the treatment of severe autoimmune diseases (for example, pemphigus, pemphigoid) and in common circulatory disorders (for example, peripheral artery disease, systemic scleroderma)
Surgical options of the department:
- Skin and mucosal biopsy, nail bed biopsy, testicular biopsy, muscle biopsy (upper arm and thigh)
- Removal of benign and malignant skin tumors (basal cell carcinoma, squamous cell carcinoma, malignant melanoma)
- Sequential resection with primary, simple wound closure
- Tumor resection with the further plastic reconstruction (artificial materials and patient’s own skin)
- Resection with the preparation of wound surface and subsequent defect closure using a flap (Reverdin's plastic surgery)
- Phimosis surgery in sclerotic atrophic lichen (monitoring of the pathology for more than 5 years)
- Removal of lymph nodes after lymph node scintigraphy using Tc-99 with and without color marking (in surgeries to remove malignant melanoma)
- Nail bed surgery (Emmert plasty) for the correction of ingrown nail
- Dermabrasion and removal of foreign bodies from the skin (within 18 hours after the trauma)
- Scar revision, including Z-plasty
- Removal of acne, subsequent conditioning of the wound surface and defect covering with a special mesh
- Surgical treatment of rhinophyma
- Surgical treatment of hyperhidrosis
- Surgical treatment of venous diseases
- Thrombectomy in acute thrombophlebitis (vein inflammation)
- Varicose vein ligation
- Crossectomy of the saphenous vein followed by stripping, also using a laser
- Laser angioplasty in varicose veins
- Sclerotherapy (including foam sclerotherapy)
- Other diagnostic and therapeutic options
Since 1987 till 2001, Prof. Jünger worked in the Department of Dermatology at the University Hospital Tuebingen (under the direction of Prof. Rassner). He also had a professional training in allergology, cancer surgery, treatment of varicose veins and laser therapy. In 2001, he was appointed as the Professor of Dermatology and Venereology at the Ernst Moritz Arndt University of Greifswald, and also as the Head of the Department of Dermatology at the University Hospital Greifswald. Dr. Jünger is a Member of the Board of Directors of DGP and Vice-President of the German Society for Wound Healing. In 2006, he managed the annual DGP conference in Rostock.
His research activities are devoted to the study of microangiopathy in skin tumors, vascular diseases and collagenoses, methods of skin perfusion pressure measurement, prevention methods, and many other medical fields.
Photo of the doctor: (с) Universitätsmedizin Greifswald
Department of Dermatology.
University Hospital Greifswald:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.