University Hospital Greifswald
Department of Hematology, Oncology, Stem Cell Transplantation and Palliative Care (568629)
Specialized in: hematology, oncology, stem cell transplantation, palliative care
About the department
The Department of Hematology, Oncology, Stem Cell Transplantation and Palliative Care at the University Hospital Greifswald offers the full range of services in these medical fields. The Chief Physician of the department is Prof. Dr. med. William Krüger.
The department specializes in the treatment of benign and malignant diseases of the hematopoietic and lymphatic systems, solid tumors of various anatomical structures of the human body. The patients with terminal stages of oncopathology receive the high-quality palliative care, which serves to relieve pain and improve the quality of life. The department's doctors also possess the exceptional competence and rich experience in the field of blood stem cell transplantation.
Each clinical case in the field of oncology is considered on an individual basis by the interdisciplinary board of physicians. It makes possible to choose the most effective treatment strategy, and thereby to ensure the optimal treatment result. The treatment is preceded by a comprehensive diagnostics using the cutting-edge imaging techniques and laboratory tests. If desired, the patients have the opportunity to participate in the clinical trials of innovative drugs and treatment techniques at the national and international level
The service range of the department includes:
- Diagnostics and treatment of diseases of the blood and bone marrow
- Malignant pathologies
- Acute and chronic leukemia in adults
- Multiple myeloma
- Benign pathologies
- Thrombocytopenia (platelet deficiency)
- Leukopenia (leukocyte deficiency)
- Blood clotting disorders
- Immunological diseases
- Malignant pathologies
- Diagnostics and treatment of solid tumors of all anatomical structures of the human body
- Tumors of internal organs
- Connective tissue tumors
- Tumors of the central nervous system
- Therapeutic options
- Immunotherapy using antibodies
- Targeted therapy
- Infusion therapy
- Autologous blood stem cell transplantation (patient’s own cells)
- Allogeneic blood stem cell transplantation (from related or unrelated donors)
- Cellular immunotherapy
- Palliative care for patients with terminal stage of cancer, AIDS, certain neurological diseases (for example, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis), advanced types of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, etc.
- Laboratory diagnostics
- Imaging diagnostics
- Treatment within the clinical trials
- Psycho-oncological care
- Self-help groups
- Other medical services
Photo of the doctor: (с) Universitätsmedizin Greifswald
Department of Hematology, Oncology, Stem Cell Transplantation and Palliative Care.
University Hospital Greifswald:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.