University Hospital Greifswald
Department of Radiation Therapy and Radiation Oncology (569784)
Specialized in: radiation therapy, radiation oncology
About the department
The Department of Radiation Therapy and Radiation Oncology at the University Hospital Greifswald offers all the classic and advanced types of radiotherapy for the treatment of cancer processes of different localization. The department has 14 beds for radiotherapy on an inpatient basis. With appropriate clinical indications it is possible to conduct outpatient therapy. The Chief Physician of the department is Dr. med. Elke Asse.
The department is equipped with state-of-the-art technologies, in particular, two linear accelerators with digital imaging, Siemens Definition AS computed tomography, Philips Pinnacle 3D irradiation planning system and many other innovative devices that allow for effective treatment
It is worth noting that all the department’s specialists have extensive clinical experience, as well as regularly undergo advanced training courses in order to keep abreast of innovations in medicine and to be able to offer patients the optimal treatment at the highest level of university medicine.
The main clinical focuses of the department include:
- Radiation therapy for tumors of different localization
- Radiochemotherapy for tumors of different localization (for example, esophageal cancer, lung cancer, ENT tumors, rectal cancer)
- Contact radiation therapy (brachytherapy)
- Intraluminal (for example, in rectal cancer)
- Stereotactic irradiation
- Total body irradiation
- Radiation therapy for benign diseases
- Prevention of ossification (bone tissue formation) before performing surgical interventions on the joints
- Fractionated stereotactic radiation or radiosurgery
- 3D radiation planning
- Intensity-modulated radiotherapy (IMRT)
- Volumetric modulated arc therapy (VMAT)
- Afterloading technique
- Other medical services
Department of Radiation Therapy and Radiation Oncology.
University Hospital Greifswald:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.