University Hospital Halle (Saale)
Department of Obsterics and Prenatal Medicine (229529)
Specialized in: obstetrics, prenatal medicine
About the department
The Department of Obstetrics and Prenatal Medicine at the University Hospital of Halle (Saale) under the direction of Prof. Dr. med. Michael Tschirikov offers the entire spectrum of services in the process of normal delivery. There is maintained a close cooperation with the Departments of Pediatrics within the Perinatal Center (Level 1) in order to ensure an immediate provision of all necessary measures in case of some complications.
Furthermore, the employees of the Department provide care and treatment of the pregnant women in a risk group as well as the treatment of diseases of both mother and child during the pregnancy. The Department of Obstetrics and Prenatal Medicine at the University Hospital of Halle (Saale) under the direction of Prof. Dr. med. Michael Tschirikov is one of the few centers in Germany, which perform fetal surgery in case of rare diseases, such as twin-to-twin transfusion syndrome (TTTS), fetal congenital diaphragmatic hernia or obstructive uropathy.
The medical services of the Department of Obstetrics and Prenatal Medicine at the University Hospital of Halle (Saale) under the direction of Prof. Dr. med. Michael Tschirikov include:
- Medical care for risk pregnancies
- Diagnosis and treatment of diseases during the pregnancy, delivery and postpartum period
- Obstetric surgery
- Prenatal diagnosis and therapy
- Microinvasive fetal surgery / invasive therapy
- Port implantation in case of the fetal bladder rupture and placental insufficiency
- Special counseling
- 1984 - 1992 Medical University in Kalinin (Russia) and Pavlov Medical University, St. Petersburg, (Russia)
- MD 1992 Degree in Human Medicine, Pavlov Medical University, St. Petersburg (Certificate with Honors)
- 1992 - 1995 Medical specialization, Ott Institute of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Pavlov University, St. Petersburg, Russia
- 1995 - 2002 Medical specialization, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Hamburg University, Germany September 25, 2002: Specialist, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Hamburg, Germany
- November 23, 2004 Ph.D (Habilitation) University Medical Center, Hamburg University, Germany. Topic: “Ductus venosus shunting in the fetal venous circulation: regulation mechanisms, diagnostic methods and clinical importance”
- February 2, 2005 Venia legendi, Lecturer for Obstetrics and Gynecology (§17 Abs. 2 HmbHSG), Hamburg University, Germany
- June 1, 2005 Specialist, Obstetrics and Prenatal Medicine, Hamburg University, Germany
- 2006 - 2011 University Professor (Univ.-Prof), Head of Department of Obstetrics at the Johannes Gutenberg University Medical School of Mainz, Germany
- Since 2011 University Professor (Univ.-Prof), Director of the Clinic of Obstetrics and Prenatal Medicine, Center of Fetal Surgery, elected Director of the Tertiary Perinatal Care Center, at the Martin Luther University of Halle-Wittenberg, Halle (Saale), Germany
- 1998 - 2001 Eurofetus program, Leuven University, Belgium
- 2002 Loma Linda University, CA, USA
- 2003 SFBR National Primate Center, San Antonio, TX, USA
Scholarships / awards
- 1990 - 1992 Lenin-scholarship at the Russian Academy of Science, St. Petersburg, Russia
- 1995 - 1996 DAAD Scholarship, Institute of Physiology, University of Hamburg, Germany
- 2000 Trophoblast Research -IFPA
- 2000 New Investigator Award, at the 14th Rochester Trophoblast Congress, New York, USA
- 2003 Haackert Award of Perinatal Medicine, awarded at the German Congress of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Düsseldorf, Germany
- 2003 Scientific Research at the SFBR National Primate Center, San Antonio, TX, USA
- 2011 Nominated by the Johannes Gutenberg University of Mainz for a “German Research Award 2011” 2017: “Innovation Award Halle”, Germany 2017: Winner of the Hugo Junkers Award 2017 (1st place) in the category: “The most Innovative Project and Applied Research”. Title of Innovation: “Artificial amniotic fluid and perinatal portSystem for the treatment of preterm premature rupture of the membranes”
16 Patents and patent- families (Inventor: Univ.-Prof. Dr. Michael Tschirikov)
Department of Obsterics and Prenatal Medicine.
University Hospital Halle (Saale):
Request more information now.
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
Thank you for your confidence in the Booking Health portal.
A medical consultant will contact you and answer all your questions in the near future.
you will receive a reply shortly Home