University Hospital Halle (Saale)
Department of Gynecology and Mammology (229531)
Specialized in: gynecology, mammology
About the department
The Department of Gynecology at the University Hospital of Halle (Saale) covers all fields of conservative and surgical gynecology. The Department is headed by Prof. Dr. med. Christoph Thomssen. There function a few specialized interdisciplinary centers within the Department: the Gynecology Center, the Breast Center and the Pelvic Floor Center. According to the Focus magazine rating of 2017, the Department of Gynecology and Mammology ranks among the top German departments specializing in breast cancer treatment!
The Breast Center is an essential activity area of the Department of Gynecology at the University Hospital of Halle. The Center uses new diagnostic methods, which enable the most accurate risk assessment of breast cancer relapse in the patient, and afterwards there is prescribed an optimal targeted treatment program.
The focuses of the Department of Gynecology at the University Hospital of Halle under the direction of Prof. Dr. med. Christoph Thomssen are:
- Diagnosis and treatment of gynecological tumors (cervical, uterine, ovarian, vulvular and vaginal cancer)
- Diagnosis and treatment of breast malignancies
- Diagnosis and treatment of inflammatory diseases of the female pelvic organs
- Diagnosis and treatment of benign tumors of the mammal glands
- Diagnosis and treatment of non-inflammatory diseases of the female genital tract
- Diagnosis and treatment of other diseases of the mammal glands
- Endoscopic surgery
- Gynecological abdominal surgery
- Surgery for incontinence
- Cosmetic / plastic breast surgery
- Oncological day hospital
- Specialized counseling
- 1976 - 1978 Medical School at the University of Göttingen (preclinical part)
- 1978 - 1983 Medical School at the Technical University of Munich (clinical part)
- 1982 - 1983 Medical internship
- 1983 Graduation in medicine (M.D., „Approbation“)
- 1989 M.D. thesis (“Dr. med.”). Thesis advisor: Prof. Dr. med. H. J. Möller, Department of Psychiatry, Technical University of Munich)
- 1998 Lecturer’s thesis (“Privatdozent”) at the Faculty of Medicine of the University Hamburg
- 2001 University-Professor for Obstetrics and Gynaecology at the University Hamburg
- 2004 University-Professor for Obstetrics and Gynaecology at the Martin-Luther-University of Halle-Wittenberg (Ordinarius))
- 1984 - 1986 Residency at the Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology of the District Hospital Fürstenfeldbruck (Director: Dr. med. Sixtus Keck)
- 1986 - 1996 Residency and Fellowship at the Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology of the Technical University of Munich (Director: Prof. Dr. med. Henner Graeff)
- 1991 - Specialist's degree in Obstetrics and Gynaecology (German National Board Examination)
- 1992 - Senior physician at the Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology of the Technical University of Munich
- 1996 - Senior physician and assistant director at the Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of Hamburg (Director: Prof. Dr. med. Fritz Jänicke)
- 2003 - Director (comm.) of the Department of Gynecology at the University of Halle / S
- 2004 - Director of the Department of Gynaecology at the University of Halle / S
Subjects of Research
- Clinical Oncology: Breast cancer: treatment of primary disease and recurrence; adjuvant and palliative therapy, prognostic and predictive factors; endocrine therapy, chemotherapy incl. dose-intense chemotherapy; axillary dissection, quality of life. Ovarian Cancer: secondary surgery. Cervical Cancer: neoadjuvant chemotherapy, surgery. Clinical Studies: Participation in study design and coordination of 12 clinical studies; participation total in more than 35 studies.
- Obstetrics: Prenatal diagnosis, Doppler sonography.
- American Association of Cancer Research (AACR)
- Deutsche Krebsgesellschaft (DKG)
- Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gynäkologie und Geburtshilfe (DGGG)
- Arbeitsgruppe Gynäkologische Onkologie (AGO)
- EORTC Biomarker and Receptor Study Group (RBSG)
- EORTC Breast Cancer Cooperative Group (BCCG),
- Tumorzentrum Munich (Projektgruppen: „Endometriumkarzinom/ Zervixkarzinom“, „Mammakarzinom“, „Ovarialkarzinom“)
- Tumorzentrum Hamburg (AKOG)
- Nordostdeutsche Gesellschaft für Geburtshilfe und Gynäkologische Onkologie (NOGGO)
- Medizinisch-Wissenschaftliche Gesellschaft für Gynäkologie und Geburtshilfe in Sachsen-Anhalt e. V.
Department of Gynecology and Mammology.
University Hospital Halle (Saale):
Request more information now.
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
Thank you for your confidence in the Booking Health portal.
A medical consultant will contact you and answer all your questions in the near future.
you will receive a reply shortly Home