University Hospital Halle (Saale)
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Facial Plastic Surgery (229537)
Specialized in: oral and maxillofacial surgery, facial plastic surgery
About the department
The Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Facial Plastic Surgery at the University Hospital Halle (Saale) offers the full range of medical services within the areas of its specialization, ranging from basic dental treatment, dental implantology to complex maxillofacial operations. The department specializes in the surgical treatment of malignant diseases of the oral cavity, tongue, palate, pharynx and face. The spectrum is complemented with aesthetic dentistry and plastic reconstructive facial surgery. The advantage of the department is a combination of more than 150-year traditions in the treatment of dental diseases with the cutting-edge medical advances. The Chief Physician of the department is Prof. Dr. med. Alexander Eckert.
The department offers the full range of modern dental surgery. It treats diseases of the teeth, jaws, oral mucosa, tongue, salivary glands, etc. It also offers all options of modern dental implantology and traumatology. There is an outpatient counseling service for patients suffering from diseases of the oral mucosa, etc.
Special focus is made on the treatment of facial and neck malignancies. The department specializes in performing sparing, organ-preserving operations, which allows to minimize speech and swallowing restrictions after completion of therapy. The department also provides an integrated approach to treatment. If there are indications, the patients may undergo radiation therapy, for which there is maintained active cooperation with the Departments of Radiation Therapy, Oncology, etc.
To achieve an optimal cosmetic result, the department offers the entire spectrum of reconstructive surgery. In addition, the patients are also offered the surgical correction of the shape of the face, nose and ears.
The service range of the department includes the following options:
- Dental surgery
- Diagnostics of teeth and jaw diseases, including the pathology of the paranasal sinuses and regional nerve endings
- Diagnostics and treatment of diseases of the oral mucosa and tongue
- Diagnostics and treatment of diseases of the salivary glands
- Surgical treatment of dental diseases
- Dental implantology
- Dental traumatology
- Oral and maxillofacial surgery
- Tooth, jaw and facial skeleton injuries
- Inflammatory diseases of the teeth and maxillofacial area
- Comprehensive rehabilitation of patients with cleft lip, including counseling on the prevention of the development of pathology
- Surgery to correct jaw malformations (for example, dysgnathia)
- Craniofacial surgery
- Cancer surgery of the facial skull and soft tissues of the head, face and neck
- Plastic reconstructive surgery, including soft tissue and skeletal microsurgery
- Aesthetic surgery of the face, nose and ears
- Diagnostics and surgical treatment of other diseases
Photo of the doctor: (c) Universitätsklinikum Halle (Saale)
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Facial Plastic Surgery.
University Hospital Halle (Saale):
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.