University Hospital Halle (Saale)
Department of Neurosurgery (229623)
Specialized in: neurosurgery
The Department of Neurosurgery at the University Hospital of Halle (Saale) has 100 years of experience in neurosurgery treatment and offers the full range of services in this field. The chief physician of the Department is Prof. Dr. med. Christian Strauss.
The Department maintains an active cooperation with the relevant disciplines of the University Hospital of Halle (Saale) for providing the best interdisciplinary treatment programs, which meet the needs of every individual patient.
The medical team of the Department under the direction of Prof. Dr. med. Christian Strauss has a unique experience in the treatment of neoplastic diseases related to the brain stem, skull base and, in particular, cerebellopontile angle. The concept “safe surgery” was initially developed for this group of patients.
This includes among others:
- Surgery preparation involving special radiological methods for access planning and neuronavigation
- A specially trained team of doctors, assisstants and other workers
- Innovative software for intraoperative neuronavigation («Hallenser Ampel» system)
- Own medication schemes for the protection of neurological functions
The Department of Neurosurgery under the direction of Prof. Dr. med. Christian Strauss at the University Hospital of Halle (Saale) focuses on the following:
- Diseases of the musculoskeletal system and joints;
- Diseases of the brain, spine, peripheral nerves and chronic pain syndromes;
- Сomputed tomography (CT), native;
- Tomography (CT) a special technique;
- High-voltage radiation therapy;
- Traditional X-rays;
- Analgesic therapy/multimodal analgesic therapy.
- Halle, Germany