University Hospital Halle (Saale)
Department of Neurology (229625)
Specialized in: neurology
About the department
The Department of Neurology at the University Hospital Halle (Saale) offers the full range of diagnostics and conservative treatment of various diseases of the nervous system, including particularly complex clinical cases. The Chief Physician of the department is Prof. Dr. med. Stephan Zierz.
The department’s priority is the treatment of neuromuscular diseases. Another equally important focus is the treatment of acute stroke (certified Stroke Unit and Neurological Intensive Care Unit). In addition, the patients suffering from headaches and facial pains are provided with outpatient counseling.
The department has an in-house modern laboratory for the diagnostics of neuromuscular diseases. Along with clinical diagnostics and electrophysiological studies, it offers muscle and nerve ending biopsy. In addition, diagnostic capabilities include muscle fiber structure analysis, biochemical studies and molecular genetic tests.
The service range of the department includes:
- Diagnostics and treatment of neuromuscular diseases
- Myopathies (distal, metabolic, inflammatory, etc.)
- Myasthenia gravis
- Mitochondrial diseases
- Diseases of motor neurons, including spinal muscular atrophy
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis
- Diagnostics and treatment of cerebrovascular diseases
- Diagnostics and treatment of motor disorders
- Diagnostics and treatment of headaches
- Diagnostics and treatment of facial pain
- Electrophysiological studies
- Diagnostics and treatment of neuroimmunological disorders
- Diagnostics and treatment of inflammatory diseases of the central nervous system
- Other medical services
Department of Neurology.
University Hospital Halle (Saale):
Request more information now.
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
Thank you for your confidence in the Booking Health portal.
A medical consultant will contact you and answer all your questions in the near future.
you will receive a reply shortly Home