University Hospital Halle (Saale)
Department of Urology (229629)
Specialized in: urology
About the department
The Department of Urology at the University Hospital of Halle (Saale) provides treatment of the entire spectrum of urological diseases as well as non-malignancies of the urogenital tract in accordance with the latest achievements in medicine and technology. The director of the Department is Univ.-Prof. Dr. med. Paolo Fornara. As the Kidney Transplant Center, the Department has an excellent reputation in Germany and beyond its borders.
A special focus is on the treatment of urologic neoplastic diseases. The University Hospital of Halle (Saale) offers the full range of medical services starting form individual medication programs up to tumor surgery. The specialists of the Department were pioneers in the development of minimally laparoscopic techniques in the field of tumor surgery, therefore, the use of the most advanced operative methods ensures the most sparing surgical treatment for the patient. The doctors of the Department under the direction of Univ.-Prof. Dr. med. Paolo Fornara give priority to the organ and function preserving therapy even in radical surgery as they aim to maintain the quality of life.
Since the opening of the Kidney Transplant Cente in Saxony-Anhalt in 1974, the Department has performed around 2000 kidney transplantations. The special focuses of the Department of Urology under the direction of Univ.-Prof. Dr. med. Paolo Fornara include kidney transplant from a living donor and kidney transplant upon different blood groups.
According to the Focus magazine rating of 2017, the Department of Urology at the University Hospital of Halle (Saale) ranks among the top German departments specializing in prostate cancer treatment!
The range of medical services of the Department of Urology at the University Hospital of Halle (Saale) under the direction of Univ.-Prof. Dr. med. Paolo Fornara are:
- Diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the male genital organs
- Diagnosis and treatment of renal failure
- Diagnosis and treatment of other diseases of the kidneys and urethra
- Diagnosis and treatment of other diseases of the urinary-genital system
- Diagnosis and treatment of the other diseases of the urogenital system
- Diagnosis and treatment of urolithiasis
- Minimally invasive endoscopic surgery
- Minimally invasive laparoscopic surgery
- Kidney transplantation
- Sex reassignment surgery
- Plastic reconstructive surgery of the kidneys, urinary tract and bladder
- Center for treatment of prostate diseases
- Analgesic therapy
- Special consultations
- Tumor surgery
- Urodynamics/ urological functional diagnosis
School and university education
- 1961 - 1966 Primary school in Bressanone / South Tyrol (teaching language German)
- 1966 - 1974 Humanistic Gymnasium in Bressanone / South Tyrol (teaching language Italian)
- 1974 - 1980 Medical studies at the Universitá degli Studi di Padova
- 28.02.1981 Approbation
- 24.03.1981 Doctorate (summa cum laude)
Academic and professional development
- 1981 - 1984 Department of Surgery and Transplantation Surgery, University of Padua
- 1984 - 1986 Transplant Center, Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich, Großhadern Clinic
- 1986 - 1989 Urological Clinic, Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich, Großhadern Clinic
- 1988 Qualified as Doctor for Urologie
- 1989 - 1990 Senior Physician at the Urological Clinic and Polyclinic of the Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich, Großhadern Clinic
- 1990 - 1995 Senior Physician of the Department of Urology at the University of Lübeck
- 1992 Qualified as Doctor for Chirurgie
- 1995 - 2000 Deputy Director of the Clinic and Polyclinic for Urology of the University of Lübeck
- 1997 Habilitation and appointment as Private Lecturer
- 1999 Appointment to C3-Professor of Urology, University of Lübeck
- 2000 Appointment as C4-Professor of Urology and Appointment as Director of the University Clinic and Polyclinic for Urology, Martin-Luther-University Halle-Wittenberg
- 2001 - 2006 Deputy Medical Director of the Medical Faculty, Martin Luther University Halle-Wittenberg
- 2001 - 2004 Board member of the German Society of Urology since
- 2003 Member of the Faculty Council of the Medical Faculty, Martin-Luther-University Halle-Wittenberg
- Since 2004 Member of the board of examiners of the Permanent committee for organ transplantation of the German Medical Association
- Since 2007 Member of the Permanent committee for organ transplantation of the German Medical Association
- Since 2013 Member of the Working Group Directive on Living Donation of the German Medical Association (responsible)
Department of Urology.
University Hospital Halle (Saale):
Request more information now.
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
Thank you for your confidence in the Booking Health portal.
A medical consultant will contact you and answer all your questions in the near future.
you will receive a reply shortly Home