University Hospital Halle (Saale)
Department of Gastroenterology and Pneumology (229631)
Specialized in: gastroenterology, hepatology
About the department
The Department of Internal Medicine I (Gastroenterology, Pneumology) at the University Hospital of Halle (Saale) provides the full range of the most advanced diagnostic and therapeutic opportunities in the field of gastroenterology. The chirf physician of the Department is Prof. Dr. med. Patrick Michl.
The main focuses of gastroenterology at the University Hospital of Halle (Saale) are diagnostic and interventional endoscopy, gastroenterological oncology (tumor diseases), hepatology (liver disease), diseases of the pancreas and chronic inflammatory bowel disease. An optimal treatment of patients with gastrointestinal diseases requires the use of the latest endoscopic and ultrasound techniques. These are offered by the following units at the University Hospital of Halle (Saale): endoscopy unit, ultrasound unit as well as gastroenterological and hepatological function laboratory.
The section of pneumology at the University Hospital of Halle (Saale) provides all diagnostic and therapeutic opportunities of this field. The treatment is focused on pneumological oncology, including all bronchoscopic surgical techniques, treatment of obstructive pulmonary diseases (asthma/COPD), including lung emphysema, pulmonary hypertension, cystic fibrosis and interstitial lung disease. Furthermore, the specialists of the Department assess a patient’s condition before and provide care after the lung transplantation. The Department is also actively engaged in sports medicine.
The medical services of the Department of Internal Medicine I under the direction of Prof. Dr. med. Patrick Michl at the University Hospital of Halle (Saale) are:
- Treatment of blood poisoning /sepsis
- Patient care before and after transplantation
- Chronic inflammatory bowel disease
- Diagnosis and treatment of pulmonary heart disease and diseases of pulmonary circulation
- Diagnosis and treatment of allergies
- Diagnosis and treatment of autoimmune diseases
- Diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the respiratory tracts and lungs
- Diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the liver, gall bladder and pancreas
- Diagnosis and treatment of anus diseases
- Diagnosis and treatment of gastrointestinal diseases (gastroenterology)
- Diagnosis and treatment of infectious and parasitic diseases
- Diagnosis and treatment of pleural diseases
- Diagnosis and treatment of peritoneal diseases
- Diagnosis and treatment of cancer
- Duplex sonography
- Dimensional Doppler sonography
- Diagnosis and treatment of cancer at an early stage
- Endosonography, including puncture and drainage in the gastrointestinal tract
- Native ultrasound
- Contrast-enhanced ultrasound
- Oncology outpatient day clinic
- Tumors of the gastrointestinal tract including pancreas, liver and biliary tract, and neuroendocrine tumors
- Interventional endoscopy
- Infectious Diseases
- Clinical trials in the field of tumor diseases
- Molecular mechanisms of metastasis
- New treatment concepts for pancreatic cancer
- Relationship between tumor and inflammation
- Interaction between tumor cells and stromal cells
- Testing new therapeutic approaches in clinical trials
- 1990 - 1998 Medical studies in Munich, Los Angeles and Boston
- 1998 - 2000 Internship, Medical Clinic II, University Hospital of LMU Munich
- 2000 - 2006 Doctor i. Advanced Training at the Medical Clinic I, University of Ulm
- 2002 - 2004 DFG scholarship and research stay in London
- 2006 - 2015 Physician / Senior Physician, Department of Gastroenterology, University Hospital Marburg
- 2007 Habilitation at the Philipps University of Marburg
- 2013 Extraordinary professorship, Philipps University of Marburg
- 2012 - 2015 Leading Senior Physician, Department of Gastroenterology, University Marburg
- 2015 Director of the Department of Internal Medicine I and W3-Professor of Internal Medicine / Gastroenterology, Martin-Luther University Halle-Wittenberg
- German Research Foundation (DFG)
- German Cancer Aid (DKH)
- European Union (EU)
- Wilhelm Sander Foundation
- Behring-Roentgen Foundation
Department of Gastroenterology and Pneumology.
University Hospital Halle (Saale):
Request more information now.
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
Thank you for your confidence in the Booking Health portal.
A medical consultant will contact you and answer all your questions in the near future.
you will receive a reply shortly Home