University Hospital Halle (Saale)
Department of Orthopedics, Trauma and Reconstructive Surgery (289938)
Specialized in: orthopedics, trauma and reconstructive surgery
About the department
The Department of Orthopedics, Trauma and Reconstructive Surgery at the University Hospital of Halle (Saale) under the direction of Prof. Dr. med. Karl-Stefan Delank is a facility of maximum care and provides 24/7 medical aid for patients with severe injuries and multiple traumas. To provide the best treatment quality, there is maintained a close cooperation with the related departments at the University Hospital of Halle (Saale) (Visceral, Thoracic Surgery, Neurosurgery, Anaesthesia, Radiology). Furthermore, the Department is an active member of the Community of Trauma Surgeons in the southern part of Saxony-Anhalt.
Other important focuses of the Department of Orthopedics, Trauma and Reconstructive Surgery at the University Hospital of Halle (Saale) include surgical treatment of spine and pelvis, reconstructive surgery of bones and joints after injuries and infections, foot surgery, trauma surgey for elderly as well as sports traumatology and sports medicine. There is maintained an active interdisciplinary collaboration with the colleagues of the Department of Internal Medicine, especially in the fields of elderly traumatology and sports medicine. The reason is a widespread presence of comorbidities in the elderly as well as functional capacity testing in young athletes.
The main treatment focuses of the Department of Orthopedics, Trauma and Reconstructive Surgery at the University Hospital of Halle (Saale) are:
- Joint replacement
- Tumor orthopedics
- Surgical treatment of the spine
- Pelvic surgery
- Elderly traumatology
- Foot surgery
- Arthroscopic surgery
- Conservative orthopedics and physical medicine
- Rheumatic orthopedics
- Pediatric orthopedics
- Gang Laboratory
- Sports medicine
- 1988 - 1990 University of Giessen - Medical Preliminary Examination (March 1990)
- 1990 - 1994 Technical University of Munich
- 1995 - 1996 Medical University Clinic of the Ruhr University Bochum - Marienhospital Herne- (Dir .: Univ.-Prof. Dr. med. A. Sturm)
- 1996 - 1998 Surgical University Clinic "Bergmannsheil" Bochum (Dir .: Univ.-Prof. Dr. med. G. Muhr)
- 1998 - 2001 Orthopedic University Clinic Mainz (Dir .: Univ.-Prof. Dr. med. J. Heine)
- 2002 - 2011 Orthopedic University Hospital Cologne (Dir.: Univ.-Prof. Dr. med. P. Eysel)
- Since 01.12.2002 Senior Physician
- Since 01.06.2006 Leading Senior Physician
- Since 1.3. 2011 University Hospital Halle (Saale), Department of Orthopedics, Trauma and Reconstructive Surgery, Director
- Medical Specialist in Orthopaedics
- Priority field: Rheumatology
- Additional specialization: Emergency Medicine
- Additional specialization: Chiropractic
- Expert knowledge in Radiation Protection
- Medical Specialist in Orthopedics and Traumatology
- Additional specialization: Special Orthopedic Surgery
- Postgraduate training in Orthopedic Rheumatology
- Additional specialization: Special Accident Surgery
- 1995 Faculty of Medicine of the Technical University of Munich
- 2006 Medical Faculty of the University of Cologne
- German Society for Orthopedics and Orthopedic Surgery
- German Spine Society
- European Spine Society
- Board Member, Regional Cooperative Rheumatism Center Aachen-Cologne-Bonn
- Founding member, "Working Group Evidence-based Medicine AK 19" of the German Society for Orthopedics and Orthopedic Surgery (DGOOC)
- Federal Association Scoliosis e.V.
- Founding member and board member of the "Center for Integrated Oncology (CIO)" at the University Hospital Cologne
- Full Member, German-speaking TNM Committee, National Committee of UICC on TNM Classification, Permanent Committee of the German Cancer Society
Department of Orthopedics, Trauma and Reconstructive Surgery.
University Hospital Halle (Saale):
Request more information now.
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
Thank you for your confidence in the Booking Health portal.
A medical consultant will contact you and answer all your questions in the near future.
you will receive a reply shortly Home