University Hospital Halle (Saale)
Department of Pediatrics (289939)
Specialized in: pediatrics
The Department of Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine (Pediatrics I) at the University Hospital of Halle (Saale) is a medical facility of maximum care and provides both general and specialized medical care to children and adolescents. The director of the Department is Dr. med. Roland Haase, a pediatrician with a special qualification in neonatology. As there is a close interrelation of clinical and scientific activity, the experts of the Department focus not only on the treatment of common pediatric diseases, but also on the research, detection and treatment of severe and rare diseases in children and adolescents.
The team of doctors under the direction of Dr. med. Roland Haase deals with the treatment of small patients with acute and chronic diseases of all age groups from infants and up to young adults. Patients with specific cardiac and pulmonary problems are treated in the Department of Cardiology, Pneumology and Congenital Heart Defects (chief physician: Prof. Dr. R. Grabitz) as well as children with surgical problems are treated in the Department of Pediatric Surgery (chief physician: Prof. Dr. R. Finke) of the University Hospital of Halle (Saale). The treatment of patients in need of intensive care is provided in cooperation with the Department of Neonatology and Pediatric Intensive Care Medicine at the University Hospital of Halle (Saale).
The inpatient care offers the full range of pediatric and adolescent medicine. The Department annually treats about 15,000 of patients, including emergency patients, on both inpatient and outpatient basis. The high-quality treatment is a requirement and an obligation of the team of physicians of the Department under the direction of Dr. med. Roland Haase.
The range of medical services of the Department of Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine (Pediatrics I) at the University Hospital of Halle (Saale) includes:
- Perinatal Center Level 1 with fetal surgery
- Pediatric intensive care medicine
- Pediatric Cancer and Hematology Center with the Stem Cell Transplant Unit
- Certified Center for Diabetes
- Diagnosis and treatment of congenital metabolic disorders
- Center for Pediatric Rheumatology, which is part of the regional Rheumatology Center of Halle
- Diagnosis and treatment of pediatric diseases
- Pediatric gastroenterology (diseases of the stomach, intestines, liver)
- Neuropediatrics (muscle diseases, epilepsy)
- Palliative medicine
- Endoscopy Unit (gastrointestinal examination starting from infancy)
- Halle, Germany