University Hospital Hamburg-Eppendorf
Department of Hematology, Oncology, Pneumology (Medical Department II) (229503)
Specialized in: hematology, oncology, pneumology
About the department
The chief physician of the Medical Department II at the University Medical Center Hamburg-Eppendorf is Prof. Dr. med. Carsten Bokemeyer, specialist in hematology, oncology and pneumology.
The Medical Department II specializes in the treatment of patients with cancer of the internal organs and hematopoietic system. There is provided the whole range of treatments for these diseases. The team of the Department under the direction of Prof. Dr. med. Carsten Bokemeyer has a unique experience in the diagnosis and treatment of blood cancer (leukemia), malignant lymphoma, tumors of germ cells (testicular cancer), gastrointestinal malignancies, including cancer of the esophagus, stomach, intestines, oncological diseases of the respiratory tracts (lung cancer), connective tissue (sarcomas), head and neck as well as blood clotting disorders. According to the Focus magazine rating of 2017, the Medical Department II at the University Medical Center Hamburg-Eppendorf ranks among the top German departments specializing in colon cancer treatment!
The Section of Pneumology at the University Medical Center Hamburg-Eppendorf provides the entire spectrum of pneumological diagnosis, including pneumological endoscopy and therapy. The Department has unique knowledge and experience in care of patients with pulmonary hypertension, cystic fibrosis, interstitial lung diseases and the patients before and after lung transplantation.
The doctors of the Department under the direction of Prof. Dr. med. Carsten Bokemeyer provide patient medical care in a close cooperation with the Departments of Radiology, General Surgery, Hepatobiliary Surgery, Radiation Therapy, Interdisciplinary Endoscopy, the Department of Stem Cell Transplantation, the Departments of Otolaryngology, Ophthalmology, Urology, the Medical Department I at the University Medical Center Hamburg-Eppendorf and with the Martini Clinic and the Institute of Pathology.
The range of clinical services of the Medical Department II at the University Medical Center Hamburg-Eppendorf includes:
- Treatment of cancer of the internal organs, such as cancer of the lungs, stomach, intestines, pancreas as well as treatment of patients with lymphoma (Section of General Oncology)
- Treatment of patients with diseases of the hematopoietic system (leukemia)
- Palliative medicine
- Treatment of patients with diseases of the respiratory tracts and lungs (Section of Pneumology)
The oncological inpatient clinic receives 17,000 patients every year. The inpatient clinic includes not only reception and waiting hall but also 6 treatment rooms and 6 beds for the outpatient medical care.
Here are treated the following diseases:
- Biliopancreatic tumors
- Bronchogenic cancer
- Cerebral lymphoma and CLL
- Chronic myelogenous leukemia and myeloproliferative neoplasia
- Gastrointestinal tumors
- Coagulation disorders
- Brain tumors
- Testicular tumors
- Head and neck tumors
- MDS, aplastic anemia and PNH
- Myeloma / amyloidosis
- Kidney cancer and urothelium
- Pneumological consultations
- Prostate cancer
- 1989 M. D. / University of Hannover Medical School, Hannover, Germany
- 1989 FMGEMS
- 1989-1995 Internal Medicine Internship / Residency University of Hannover Medical School Hannover, Germany
- 1995-2004 Faculty Member Department of Internal Medicine Division of Hematology / Oncology / Immunology / Rheumatology University of Tuebingen Medical Center Tuebingen, Germany
- 1996 “Habilitation” (Postdoctoral lecturing qualification) Department of Internal Medicine Medical School Hannover, Germany
- 2000 Nominated for C3 position as Professor of Medicine at Muenster University, Germany
- 2000 Associate Professor of Medicine at Tuebingen University
- 2004 Appointed Professor of Medicine, Director of Division of Oncology / Hematology with sections Bone Marrow Transplantation and Pneumology
- 2007 Nominated Director University Cancer Center Hamburg
Specialty Board Status:
- 1993 Certification – European Society for Medical Oncology
- 1995 Certification – German Board of Internal Medicine
- 1997 Certification – German Board of Internal Medicine: Hematology-Medical Oncology
- 2000 Certification – Quality Management in Medicine
- 1991-present German Cancer Society (DKG)
- 1991-present Wilsede School of Oncology
- 1991-present European Society of Medical Oncology (ESMO)
- 1995-present American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO)
- 1995-present German Society of Hematology / Oncology (DGHO)
- 1998-present German Association for Bone Marrow and Blood Stem Cell Transplantation (DAGKBT)
- Member of the “Studienstiftung des deutschen Volkes” (German Academic Scholarship Fund)
- Award of the Ministry of Science for “Outstanding Student Achievements in Medicine”
- 2000 National Award of the German Cancer Society
- 2000 Award for Experimentel Urological Reseach German Society of Urology
- 2001 Award of the Baden-Wuerttembergische Cancer Society
- 2001 Award of the German Society for Clinical Pharmacology
- 2002 Scientific Award for Medical Oncology (AIO)
- 2006 Award of the University of Heidelberg (Anita- und Cuno-Wieland-Preis)
- 1997-2004 Member of the Research Advisory Committee of the University of Tuebingen
- 2000-2004 Founding member of the Interdisciplinary Center for GIcancer at Tuebingen University
- 2001-2004 Founding member of the Interdisciplinary Center for Soft Tissue Sarcomas at Tuebingen University
- 2002-present Chairman of the ESMO Examination Committee for Medical Oncology
- 2002-present Board member of the German Society for Haematology and Oncology
- 2005-present Board member of the German Cancer Society (DKG)
- 2005-present Board member of the Cancer Society of Hamburg
- Experience in GCP-conform conduct of clinical studies as participant and investigator for more than 15 years
Department of Hematology, Oncology, Pneumology (Medical Department II).
University Hospital Hamburg-Eppendorf:
Request more information now.
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
Thank you for your confidence in the Booking Health portal.
A medical consultant will contact you and answer all your questions in the near future.
you will receive a reply shortly Home