University Hospital Hamburg-Eppendorf
Department of Pediatric Hematology and Oncology (229509)
Specialized in: pediatric hematology and oncology
The chief physician of the Department of Hematology and Oncology is Prof. Dr. med. Stefan Rutkowski, specialist in pediatric and adolescent medicine focused on pediatric hematology and oncology.
The Department of Hematology and Oncology at the University Medical Center Hamburg-Eppendorf provides treatment to children and adolescents with all benign and malignant cancers as well as with the diseases of the circulatory system, immune system and coagulation system. The Department cooperates with other institutions of the University Medical Center Hamburg-Eppendorf and thus provides new modern interdisciplinary treatment involving all necessary disciplines. The Department, headed by Prof. Dr. med. Stefan Rutkowski, is the only one medical institution of this kind in Hamburg.
The Department of Hematology and Oncology has a long experience in the treatment of leukemia, brain and bone marrow tumors, solid tumors. One of the main focuses of the Department is blood stem cell and bone marrow transplantation at leukemia, immune deficiencies and metabolic disorders. Another key focus is on the treatment of congenital immune defects and blood-clotting disorders, such as hemophilia and Willebrand disease in children and adults. The experts of the Department under the direction of Prof. Dr. med. Stefan Rutkowski provide medical care to international patients in all the above-mentioned fields, but only after the arrangement.
The main treatment focuses of the Department of Hematology and Oncology at the University Medical Center Hamburg-Eppendorf are:
- Diagnosis and treatment of all hematological and oncological diseases of children and adolescents
- Congenital and acquired defects of the hematopoietic system
- Congenital and acquired blood-clotting disorders
- Immune defects
- Systemic malignant diseases
- Solid tumors
- Hospital ward, outpatient department with a day clinic
- Special consultations for patients with cancer, blood-clotting disorders, chronic anemia, especially thalassemia and sickle cell anemia as well as palliative medical care for children.
- Hamburg, Germany