University Hospital Hamburg-Eppendorf
Department of Urology (229519)
Specialized in: urology
About the department
The objective of the Department of Urology at the University Medical Center Hamburg-Eppendorf is to provide a modern patient-oriented medical care. The chief physician of the Department is Prof. Dr. med. Margit Fisch. A key focus of the Department is reconstructive urology. It covers the full range of urinary tract surgery, various treatments for incontinence (including the implantation of artificial sphincters) as well as penile surgery in case of congenital or acquired deviation and prosthesis implantation for erectile dysfunction.
Another priority focus of the Department is uro-oncology for cancer of the bladder, kidney, adrenal gland, testicles and penis. The Department offers the entire spectrum of open and minimally invasive surgery (including the advanced Da Vinci robotic system) and all forms of urethral catheterization. Medication is provided in cooperation with the Department of Oncology and the University Cancer Center UCCH.
The experts of the Department under the direction of Prof. Dr. med. Margit Fisch in cooperation with the Martini Clinic perform the greatest number of radical prostate operations in case of its cancer in Europe. In addition, the Department of Urology at the University Medical Center Hamburg-Eppendorf is a leader in Germany in the field of minimally invasive surgery, especially a holmium laser benign prostate surgery, and in laparoscopic kidney surgery. The Department of Urology, which consists of the sections of pediatric urology in the Altona Children’s Hospital and the University Medical Center Hamburg-Eppendorf, ranks among the leading Centers for Pediatric Urology in Germany and is the certified Training Center of the European Society for Pediatric Urology (ESUP).
The main treatment focuses of the Department of Urology under the direction of Prof. Dr. med. Margit Fisch at the University Medical Center Hamburg-Eppendorf are:
- Plastic reconstructive urology
- Pediatric urology
- Various treatments for urinary incontinence
- Urologic oncology
- Prostate cancer
- Renal cell carcinoma
- Transitional cell bladder cancer
- Testicular cancer
- Minimally invasive urology
According to the Focus magazine rating of 2017, the Department of Urology at the University Medical Center Hamburg-Eppendorf ranks among the top German departments specializing in prostate cancer treatment!
- 1980 Study of Medicine at the Saarland University
- 5.12.1986 Admission to medical practice
- 7.1987 Doctoral Degree
- 1987 Year of surgery, Clinique St. Therese, Luxembourg
- 1988 – 02.1992: Department of Urology, University Hospital Mainz
- 2.1992 Qualification as Urologist
- 1993 Habilitation: "Optimization of Ureterosigmoidostomy, creation of the Sigma-Rectum Pouch"
- 03.2005: Professorship ("Professor"), University of Mainz
- 1998 Special Urological Surgery
- 2008 Drug Treatment of Tumors
- 2008 Andrology
- Department of Urology, University of Mainz:
- 03.1992 – August 1993: Assistant Doctor
- 09.1993 – 05.1997: Senior Physician
- 06.1997 – 12.1999: Leading Senior Physician
- 01.2000 – 05.2001: Head of the Section of Pediatric Urology, Department of Urology and Pediatric Urology, Asklepios Klinikum Harburg, Hamburg
- 06.2001 – 12.2001: Provisional Director of the Department of Urology and Pediatric Urology, Asklepios Klinikum Harburg, Hamburg
- 01.2002 – 11.2008 Head of the Center of Urology and Pediatric Urology at Asklepios Clinic Harburg, Hamburg
- Since 12.2008: Director and Chair, Department of Urology and Pediatric Urology, University Hospital Hamburg-Eppendorf
- German Society for Urology (DGU) (2003 - 2008 Board Member as Secretary and Press officer)
- Section of Pediatric Urology of the DGU (Secretary)
- Professional Association of German Urologists (BDU, at present 2nd Chairperson)
- Association North German Urologists
- German-Japanese Society
- European Association of Urology (EAU), F.E.B.U.
- European Society of Paediatric Urology (ESPU), F.E.A.E.U.
- European Society of Genitourinary Reconstructive Surgeons (ESGURS) (Secretary – 2002, since 2002 President)
- American Association of Urology (AUA)
- Society of Genitourinary Reconstructive Surgeons (GURS) (Board member, President 2000/ 2001)
- American Academy of Pediatrics, Section Urology (AAP)
- Society of Pediatric Urologic Surgeons (SPUS)
- Société Internationale d'Urologie (SIU)
- Panafrican Association of Urology
Publications, Congresses, Miscellaneous
- Publications: More than 270, of which at least 94 as first author
- Doctoral students: So far, 23 doctoral theses have been successfully completed
- Congress Organizations: In total, more than 22 congresses, regularly are held:
- Cross-Border Pediatric Urology Teaching for Assistants in training together with the Department of Pediatric Urology Linz (every 2 years)
- International Meeting on Reconstructive Urology (IMORU)
- International Live Surgery Meeting every 3 years
Department of Urology.
University Hospital Hamburg-Eppendorf:
Request more information now.
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
Thank you for your confidence in the Booking Health portal.
A medical consultant will contact you and answer all your questions in the near future.
you will receive a reply shortly Home