University Hospital Hamburg-Eppendorf
Department of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery (289945)
Specialized in: plastic, reconstructive and aesthetic surgery
The chief physician of the Department of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery at the University Medical Center Hamburg-Eppendorf is Prof. Dr. Dr. Marco Blessmann, specialist in the field of plastic and aesthetic surgery.
The Department of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery is a highly-specialized institution at the University Medical Center Hamburg-Eppendorf, which covers almost the whole range of plastic surgery. While planning treatment strategies and developing medical recommendations, doctors try to consider individual expectations, patient desires, life circumstances as well as possible concurrent diseases.
The Department under the direction of Prof. Dr. Dr. Marco Blessmann focuses on the treatment and reconstruction of all body defects, caused due to the accident, infection, cancers, malposition, systemic diseases, impaired wound healing, surgery and congenital malformations. Moreover, Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery at the University Medical Center Hamburg-Eppendorf specializes in all types of plastic, aesthetic surgery on various body areas as well as in the treatment by “filters”, own fat and botulinum toxin. There is maintained an active cooperation with the Obesity Center Hamburg-Eppendorf. As for the field of plastic surgery, the Department under the direction of Prof. Dr. Dr. Marco Blessmann focuses on the improvement of the appearance of sagged skin due to a sudden weight loss. Generally, all treatments aim to provide the best restoration of the body integrity, functionality and esthetics.
The Department of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery at the University Medical Center Hamburg-Eppendorf offers the following treatments:
- Reconstructive surgery
- Plastic reconstructive surgery of form and function for skin / soft tissue defects and / or bone defects due to various causes on all body areas
- Different techniques of reconstructive surgery combined with local skin plastic surgery, free tissue transfer, including microsurgical techniques of tissue transplant
- Treatment of chronic wounds as well as plastic reconstructive surgery of all possible defects
- Aesthetic surgery
- Aesthetic surgery and treatment of all body areas and classical treatment of wrinkles with patient’s own fat, Botox and hylauronic acid
- Breast surgery
- Plastic reconstructive surgery of the female breast by patient’s own tissues and / or by means of skin expanders as well as breast implants
- Surgical treatment of obesity
- Plastic surgery for clinical pictures related to obesity in case of body form and function disorder (lift surgery / liposculpture)
- Hamburg, Germany