University Hospital Hamburg-Eppendorf
Department of Radiotherapy and Radiation Oncology (289950)
Specialized in: radiotherapy, radiation oncology
About the department
The Department of Radiotherapy and Radiation Oncology at the University Hospital Hamburg-Eppendorf offers all modern methods of radiotherapy. It treats patients with oncological diseases, as well as benign pathologies, for example, degenerative joint changes. The department specializes in conformal radiation therapy, brachytherapy, intensity modulated radiation therapy, tomotherapy, stereotactic irradiation of malignant and benign brain neoplasms, whole-body irradiation, as well as in combined chemoradiation therapy. The Chief Physician of the department is Prof. Dr. med. Cordula Petersen.
The department treats such malignant diseases as eye, brain tumors, brain metastases, head and neck tumors, malignant lymphomas, malignancies of the bronchi, prostate, testicles, breast, uterus and cervix, vagina and vulva, bladder, esophagus, rectum, etc. In addition, with appropriate indications, radiation therapy may also be an option for the treatment of stomach, bone and soft tissue cancers, bone and soft tissue metastases, as well as malignant skin diseases.
Irradiation may also be indicated in case of such pathologies as osteoarthritis, frozen shoulder, heel spur, achillodynia, plantar fasciitis, heterotopic ossification, Dupuytren's contracture, endocrine ophthalmopathy, meningioma, acoustic neuroma, chordoma, glomangioma, etc.
All treatment regimens are implemented in close collaboration with oncologists. In addition, each patient receives a plan of the most effective therapy developed as part of an interdisciplinary tumor board. All treatments are based on current recommendations of the professional societies and the German Cancer Society.
The department’s medical services include:
- 3D conformal radiation therapy
- Intensity-modulated radiation therapy and volumetric modulated arc therapy IMRT / VMAT
- Intensity-modulated tomotherapy
- Imaging radiotherapy (imaging-guided radiation therapy IGRT)
- Cranial stereotaxy (stereotactic radiosurgery SRS)
- Extracranial stereotaxy (stereotactic body radiation therapy SBRT)
- Deep inspiration breath hold
- Interstitial brachytherapy
- Installation of micro sources of radiation
- Intraoperative breast irradiation (intraoperative radiation therapy IORT)
- Whole body irradiation
- Combination chemoradiotherapy
- And other options of radiotherapy and radiation oncology
The diagnostic and therapeutic spectrum of the department includes the following diseases:
- Eye tumors
- Brain tumors
- Brain metastases
- Head and neck tumors
- Malignant lymphomas
- Bronchial cancer
- Prostate cancer
- Testicular cancer
- Breast cancer
- Uterine and cervical cancer
- Vaginal and vulvar cancer
- Bladder cancer
- Esophageal cancer
- Rectal cancer
- Pancreatic cancer
- Stomach cancer
- Bone and soft tissue tumors
- Bone and soft tissue metastases
- Malignant skin diseases
- Benign diseases
- Shoulder girdle periarthritis
- Heel spur
- Plantar fasciitis
- Heterotopic ossification
- Dupuytren's contracture
- Endocrine ophthalmopathy
- Acoustic neuroma
- And other diseases
Education and Professional Background
- 1988 - 1994 Study of Medicine, University of Hamburg.
- 1996 - 2006 Medical Specialist in Radiotherapy and Radiation Oncology, University Hospital Dresden; Venia legendi.
- 2006 - 2010 Physician, Department of Radiotherapy and Radiation Oncology, Radiologische Allianz Hamburg.
- Since 01.2010 Head of the Department of Radiotherapy and Radiation Oncology at the University Hospital Hamburg-Eppendorf; Full Professor at the University Hospital Hamburg-Eppendorf.
Department of Radiotherapy and Radiation Oncology.
University Hospital Hamburg-Eppendorf:
Request more information now.
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
Thank you for your confidence in the Booking Health portal.
A medical consultant will contact you and answer all your questions in the near future.
you will receive a reply shortly Home