Treatment of av-malformation of brain using platinum coils embolization (coiling) (program ID: 538269)
University Hospital Heidelberg
Martin BendszusSpecialized in: adult and pediatric neuroradiology
Department of Adult adnd Pediatric Neuroradiology
- Initial presentation in the clinic
- clinical history taking
- review of medical records
- physical examination
- laboratory tests:
- complete blood count
- general urine analysis
- biochemical analysis of blood
- inflammation indicators (CRP, ESR)
- indicators blood coagulation
- neurological examination
- functionality x-ray
- CT/MRI scan
- neuropsychological tests (on indications):
- ENMG (electroneuromyography)
- EEG (electroencephalography)
- SEPs (somatosensory evoked potentials)
- VEPs (visually evoked potentials)
- BAEP tests (brainstem auditory evoked potential)
- preoperative care
- treatment of the av-malformation with coiling
- 1-day intensive care unit stay
- postoperative MRI control
- symptomatic treatment
- control examinations
- the cost of essential medicines and materials
- nursing services
- full hospital accommodation
- developing of further guidance
You may also book
About the department
The Department of Adult and Pediatric Neuroradiology at the University Hospital Heidelberg offers the full range of radiological diagnostics and imaging-guided treatment diseases of the nervous system (brain, spinal cord and peripheral nerves). The department is equipped with state-of-the-art CT and MRI systems, which allow performing high-precision diagnostic and therapeutic procedures, including examinations of the nerve functions and metabolic processes in the brain. The department is headed by Prof. Dr. med. Martin Bendszus.
The service range of the department includes:
- Diagnostics and treatment of stroke
- Diagnostics and treatment of cerebral aneurysms
- Diagnostics and treatment of cerebral vascular stenosis
- Diagnostics and treatment of arteriovenous malformations
- Diagnostics and treatment of dural arteriovenous fistulas
- Diagnostics and treatment of vascular malformations in the head and neck
- Diagnostics and treatment of inflammatory diseases of the nervous system
- Myelography (X-ray examination of the spinal cord liquor-conducting pathways)
- MR neurography
- Fetal MRI of the brain
- Diffusion MRI
- Perfusion MRI
- MR spectroscopy
- Neuroradiological MRI diagnostics in children to identify developmental disorders (brain and spinal cord malformations, hypoxia, metabolic and growth disorders), headaches and tumors
- Other medical services
- 1988 -1995 Study of Medicine, University of Bonn.
- 1995 Medical Degree at the University of Bonn.
- 2002 Habilitation at the University of Würzburg.
- 1995 - 1996 Intern, Department of Neurosurgery, University of Bonn.
- 1996 Assistant Physician in the Department of Neuroradiology, University of Würzburg.
- 2001 Consultant in Diagnostic Radiology.
- 2001 Consultant in Neuroradiology.
- 2002 Appointed as a Senior Lecturer in Neuroradiology.
- 2003 - 2007 Professorship for Neuroimaging at the University of Würzburg.
- Since 11/07, Head of the Department of Adult and Pediatric Neuroradiology, University Hospital Heidelberg.
Awards and Honors
- 1998 Scholar of the 16th Symposium Neuroradiologicum, Philadelphia, USA.
- 2000 Kurt Decker Award of the German Society of Neuroradiology.
- 2001 Award of Excellence of the German Society of Neuroradiology.
- 2003 Jubilee Scholarship of the University of Würzburg.
- 2003 Research Award of the German Society for Neuromuscular Diseases.
- 2003 and 2005 Innovation Award in Interventional Neuroradiology, German Society of Neuroradiology.
- 2005 Holthusen Ring of the German Society of Radiology.
- 2005 Lucien Appel Reward of the European Society of Neuroradiology.
- 2006 Coolidge Award.
- 2008 Wilhelm Conrad Roentgen Award of the German Society of Radiology.
Photo: (с) depositphotos
Accommodation in hospital
- Program [Description]
Treatment of av-malformation of brain using platinum coils embolization (coiling)
- Hospital: University Hospital Heidelberg
- access_time Duration:
There are 27 av-malformation of brain treatment hospitals on Booking Health websiteShow all clinics