University Hospital Jena
Department of Dermatology (252455)
Specialized in: dermatology
The Department of Dermatology at the University Hospital Jena under the direction of Prof. Dr. med. Peter Elsner deals with the treatment of patients suffering from either severe or rare forms of skin or venereal diseases. The main focuses include the treatment of autoimmune diseases, diffuse connective tissue diseases, dermatological oncology, as well as the treatment of chronic wounds and vascular diseases. The specialized Skin Cancer Center provides treatment of all types of skin cancer.
The Department of Dermatology at the University Hospital Jena is the certified Skin Cancer Center (a certificate of the German Cancer Aid “Deutsche Krebshilfe”).
Thanks to intensive cooperation with numerous partners, the Skin Cancer Center provides a wide range of diagnostic and therapeutic options for all types of skin cancer at the highest level. Particular attention is paid to the treatment of malignant melanoma, squamous cell carcinoma, basal cell carcinoma, as well as to the treatment of rare tumors, such as cutaneous T-cell lymphoma, Merkel cell carcinoma and many others.
The service range of the department includes:
- Autoimmune diseases / HIV-associated diseases
- Skin tumors
- Skin and subcutaneous infections
- Bullous dermatoses
- Papulosquamous skin diseases
- Urticaria and erythema
- Diseases of the skin and subcutaneous tissue (radiotherapy)
- Diseases of the skin appendages
- Other diseases of the skin and subcutaneous tissue
- Aesthetic dermatosurgery
- Aesthetic dermatology
- Diseases of the skin and subcutaneous tissue associated with blood vessels
- Disorders of male reproductive functions (andrology)
- Jena, Germany