University Hospital Jena
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics (274443)
Ingo B. Runnebaum
Specialized in: gynecology, obstetrics
According to the Focus magazine rating of 2017, the Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics at the University Hospital Jena ranks among the best gynecological clinics in Germany!
The Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics at the University Hospital Jena offers the entire spectrum of surgical and conservative treatment of diseases of the female body. Among the main focuses is the treatment of breast cancer. In addition, the specialists of the department will also ensure both safe and comfortable childbirth taking into account personal needs and the individual obstetric situation. The department is headed by Prof. Dr. med. Ingo B. Runnebaum.
The department specializes in the treatment of changes in the mammary glands, genital tumors, hormonal disorders, urinary incontinence and infertility. The specialized centers – the Gynecologic Cancer Center Jena and the Interdisciplinary Breast Cancer Center Jena – rank among the leading centers in Germany. With the state-of-the-art surgical devices, interdisciplinary knowledge and extensive experience, the team of the department makes every effort to provide a rapid diagnosis, customized treatment focused on aesthetic preservation of the organ (e.g., during mastectomy).
In the field of obstetrics, the department specializes in the management of a risk group pregnancy. In particular, it provides a competent treatment of pregnant women with gestational diabetes and pregnant women with pre-existing diabetes mellitus type I or II.
The service range of the department covers both diagnosis and treatment of the following diseases:
- Malignant / benign tumors and other breast diseases
- Cosmetic / plastic breast surgery
- Endoscopic surgery
- Gynecological abdominal surgery
- Urinary incontinence surgery
- Gynecological tumors
- Inflammatory diseases of the female pelvic organs
- Non-inflammatory diseases of the female genital tract
- Diagnosis and treatment of infertility
- Fertility preservation in oncological patients
- Gynecological endocrinology
- Cosmetic / plastic surgery on genital organs,including free flap plastic procedures
- Other diseases of the urogenital system
- Jena, Germany