University Hospital Jena
Department of Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine (274446)
James Friedrich Beck
Specialized in: pediatric and adolescent medicine
According to the Focus magazine rating, the Department of Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine at the University Hospital Jena ranks among the best German clinics specializing in the treatment of diabetes!
The Department of Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine at the University Hospital Jena under the direction of Prof. Dr. med. James Beck is the only maximum care University Pediatric Center in Thuringia for children and adolescents under the age of 20. It offers the entire range of highly specialized diagnostic and therapeutic procedures for acute and chronic pediatric diseases.
The department has a variety of focuses: the Perinatal Center, the Center for Oncology and Stem Cell Transplantation, the Epilepsy Center, pediatric nephrology, the Center for Diabetology and Endocrinology and the Center for Metabolic Disorders in Thuringia. To provide the best possible patient care, the team of the department works closely with other departments and institutes of the University Hospital Jena, especially in the treatment of various malformations.
The department has at its disposal 16 neonatal beds for intensive care and 12 beds for neonatal monitoring, 4 pediatric beds for intensive care of children at the age of 0-18 years.
The department offers diagnosis and treatment of the following diseases:
- Upper respiratory tract infections
- Heart diseases
- Vascular diseases
- Kidney diseases in children / kidney failure
- Disorders of the endocrine glands (thyroid, parathyroid, adrenal, diabetes)
- Diseases of the gastrointestinal tract
- Diseases of the liver, gallbladder and pancreas
- Diseases of the respiratory tract and lungs
- Rheumatic diseases
- Tumors in children and adolescents
- Hematological diseases
- Congenital / acquired immunodeficiency disorders (including HIV and AIDS)
- Metabolic disorders
- Chromosomal abnormalities
- Infectious and parasitic diseases
- Jena, Germany