University Hospital Würzburg
Diagnostic tests for paraproctitis (program ID: 223713)
Christoph-Thomas GermerSpecialized in: general, abdominal, vascular and pediatric surgery
Department of General, Abdominal, Vascular and Pediatric Surgery
The Department of General, Abdominal, Vascular and Pediatric Surgery (Department of Surgery I) at the University Hospital of Würzburg covers the entire spectrum of general and abdominal surgery. There are two specialized Sections of Vascular and Pediatric Surgery. The Department offers the whole range of top-class surgical services. The director of the Department is Univ.-Prof. Dr. med. Christoph-Thomas Germer.
The Department has modern operating rooms and a private intensive care unit. There is provided an outpatient counseling. Furthermore, the Department has its own Endoscopy Unit.
According to the Focus magazine rating of 2017, the Department of Surgery I at the University Hospital of Würzburg ranks among the top German departments specializing in colon cancer treatment!
A team of the Department of General, Abdominal, Vascular and Pediatric Surgery under the direction of Univ.-Prof. Dr. med. Christoph-Thomas Germer has a unique experience in the treatment of malignancies. The treatment is planned and provided in accordance with the latest recommendations and involves the cooperation of all disciplines that are necessary for the treatment program.
The Section of Pediatric Surgery at the University Hospital of Würzburg covers a wide surgical spectrum from head to toe. A focus is on the physical growth and child’s development.
There are 14 operating rooms, where surgeons can perform operations of general, visceral, pediatric and vascular surgery. Within the framework of the Center of Operational Medicine, the operating rooms are shared with the colleagues from the Departments of Urology, Traumatology and Cardiothoracic Surgery at the University Hospital Würzburg.
The main clinical focuses of the Department of General, Abdominal, Vascular and Pediatric Surgery include:
- Cancer surgery
- Adrenal glands
- Gastrointestinal tumors
- Difficult swallowing, heartburn
- Minimally invasive surgery, laparoscopy
- Diseases of the liver, biliary tracts, pancreas
- Diverticulum (diverticulosis, diverticulitis)
- Diseases of the rectum (proctology)
- Pathological obesity
- Diseases of the thyroid, parathyroid, adrenal glands (endocrine surgery)
- Hernia surgery
- Pediatric surgery
- Operative intensive care medicine
- Initial presentation in the clinic
- clinical history taking
- review of medical records
- physical examination
- laboratory tests:
- complete blood count
- general urine analysis
- biochemical analysis of blood
- inflammation markers (CRP, ESR)
- blood coagulation analysis (aPTT, PT, INR)
- abdominal ultrasound
- CT abdomen with contrast (if clinically indicated, additional cost is 650 €)
- differential diagnosis with other gastroenterological diseases
- nursing services
- nutrition recommendations
- consultation of related specialists
- treatment by chief physician and all leading experts
- explanation of individual treatment plan
You may also book
Accommodation in hospital
- Program [Description]
Diagnostic tests for paraproctitis
- Hospital: University Hospital Würzburg
- access_time Duration: