University Hospital Oldenburg
Department of Mammology, Gynecology and Obstetrics (361483)
Specialized in: mammology, gynecology, obstetrics
The Department of Mammology, Gynecology and Obstetrics offers a full range of services in these areas of medicine. The department has 3 operating rooms, where highly-skilled doctors annually conduct more than 3,000 operations. The department is equipped with 74 beds and 6 beds for outpatient surgeries. The chief physician of the department is Prof. Dr. med. Eduard Malik.
The Department of Mammology, Gynecology and Obstetrics has been leading its activity for 20 years already. Here the comprehensive diagnostics is carried out before and after the treatment period. Due to the early detection and the constantly evolving methods of treatment in the field of mammology, the chances of a full recovery after breast cancer have increased significantly over the past decades. Doctors of this department are guided by national and international standards and are actively involved in their improvement. Also, the department closely collaborates with other departments of the University Hospital Oldenburg, for example with the departments of radiology, hematology, radiation therapy, the department of nuclear medicine and others, which allows achieving a positive result. In 2004, the department was recognized as a certified center, in accordance with the requirements of the German Cancer Society, the German Senology Society and ISO 9001.
Full range of conservative and surgical treatments of the female reproductive system is offered in the field of gynecology. Great attention is paid to surgical treatment of uterine, cervical, ovarian and vaginal cancers. With appropriate indications, minimally invasive interventions are preferred which, compared to open surgery, are more sparing and facilitate the rapid recovery of patients. Since the diagnosis of cancer affects the emotional state of the patient, the department offers the services of a competent psychologist who will help restore the soul balance.
Besides, the activity of the Department of Mammology, Gynecology and Obstetrics is dedicated to the treatment of cervical dysplasia, certified by the German Cancer Society.
The department offers comprehensive medical help before, during and after the childbirth for the mother and the baby in the field of obstetric. There are 3 ultramodern delivery rooms equipped with special obstetric chair beds and monitoring systems. In addition to classic obstetric services, aromatherapy baths, homeopathy and acupuncture are also offered.
Apart from the above, the mothers can rest in the relaxing room, use the separate bathroom for the childbirth in the water, diagnostic room, a room for assisting newborns and an operation room for cesarean section.
More than 2,000 babies are born in the department annually. Thanks to the modern methods of prenatal diagnostics, ultrasound and prenatal therapy sub-unit, services offered by the center of clinical genetics and cytogenetics the specialists of the department are able to identify the violations in the fetal development in the early stages, while still in the womb, and take all necessary measures to eliminate them.
The medical institution is certified as a Level I Perinatal Center. It has to be added that the department possesses an excellent reputation in the field of leading high-risk pregnancies.
The range of medical services of the Department of Mammology, Gynecology and Obstetrics covers:
- Hysterectomy (removal of the uterus)
- Surgeriess with the lowering of the bladder and intestine
- Surgery for vaginal discharge, benign tumors of the vagina and labia
- Correction of vaginal defects
- Creating an artificial vagina
Surgeries on pelvic organs (laparoscopy)
- Surgeries on fallopian tubes and ovaries (e.g. removal of cysts, sterilization)
- Uterus surgeries (e.g. removal of the myomas)
- Laparoscopic assisted vaginal hysterectomy (LAVH)
- Surgical treatment of endometriosis
Surgery on the abdominal cavity (abdominal surgery)
- Uterus surgeries (e.g. removal of the myomas)
- Surgeries on fallopian tubes and ovaries
- Correction of the internal genital organs malformations
- Surgeries for prolapses treatment
Surgical interventions on the abdominal wall
- Surgical treatment of the abdominal wall protrusion
- Correction of scars
- Anterior abdominal wall plasty (Pitanguy technique)
Surgeries with urinary incontinence
- Problems with incontinence
- Operation TVT for the treatment of urinary incontinence
- Stem plastic surgery
- Plastics of the vaginal anterior wall
- Reconstruction of the pelvic floor
- Surgeries for cancer of the labia and uterine cancer, depending on the stage)
- Surgeries for cervical, uterus, ovarian and breast cancer
Surgeries for benign mammary glands diseases
- High-speed puncture biopsy (taking tissue sample under ultrasound control)
- Removal of the mammary gland nodes
- Surgeries for mammary gland inflammation treatment
Surgeries for malignant mammary gland diseases
- Organ-preserving surgery for mammary gland cancer
- Reconstruction of the breast after removal (with the help of own tissues, silicone implants or expander)
Mammary gland plastics
- Subcutaneous mastectomy
- Breast enlargement
- Breast reduction
- Oldenburg, Germany