University Hospital Oldenburg
Department of Pediatric Psychiatry, Psychosomatics and Psychotherapy (364575)
Specialized in: pediatric psychiatry, psychosomatics, psychotherapy
About the department
The Department of Pediatric Psychiatry, Psychosomatics and Psychotherapy at the University Hospital Oldenburg offers the full range of services in these medical fields. The specialists of the department work with children aged 4 to 18 years. The treatment is based on a multidisciplinary approach and required attention to the individual needs of children, adolescents and their parents. The department is equipped with 32 beds for inpatient treatment. The department is headed by Dr. med. Agneta Paul.
The first stage of treatment is comprehensive diagnostics, which covers general medical examination, neurological examinations, a number of psychopathological anamnesis, EEG, ECG, laboratory studies, etc. Then follows the psychological diagnosis, the purpose of which is to identify the intellectual abilities of the child, evaluate his/her development. To obtain a complete clinical picture, projective methods of personality research, behavioral diagnosis, personality test and other studies are also used.
Each child will have an individual treatment plan. A large number of professionals works with a child that includes: doctors, psychologists, educators, specially trained nursing staff, therapists of various profiles, etc. Involving parents, as well as school and kindergarten workers in therapeutic processes, ensures rapid reintegration of the child or adolescent back into the psychosocial environment.
The department specializes in the treatment of the following clinical cases in children and adolescents:
- Emotional disorders accompanied by mental and physical disorders
- Anxiety disorders
- Somatoform and dissociative disorders
- Mental disorders after physical, sexual and psychological abuse
- Attention deficit and hyperactivity disorder
- Hyperkinetic disorders with all the consequences
- Violations of social behavior
- Serious developmental disorders (autism)
- Eating disorders
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder
- Psychosomatic diseases
- Mental disorders with epileptic seizures
- Adaptive disorders and stress disorders
- Combined developmental disorders
- And many other cases
The therapeutic options of the department include:
- Music therapy
- Medical pedagogy
- Art therapy
- Hippotherapy (therapeutic horse riding)
- Motor therapy (aikido, swimming, etc.)
- Environmental therapy
- Adequate care and training
- Other treatment methods
Photo of the doctor: (c) Klinikum Oldenburg AöR
Department of Pediatric Psychiatry, Psychosomatics and Psychotherapy.
University Hospital Oldenburg:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.