University Hospital Oldenburg
Department of Pediatric Surgery (364576)
Specialized in: pediatric surgery
About the department
The Department of Pediatric Surgery at the University Hospital Oldenburg offers a full range of services in this direction. The department has been operating since May 1998, therefore has many years of experience and is proud of the successful results of the treatment. It treats children of any age, from premature babies weighing 500 grams, small children and to adolescents. Surgical treatment is carried out in modern operating rooms, equipped with all necessary medical technologies. The chief physician of the department is Dr. med. Jose Morcate.
The main goal of the department is to provide optimal medical care and restore the child’s health. Great attention is paid to interdisciplinary cooperation with other departments of the hospital, for example, with departments of pediatric oncology, neonatology, pediatric gastroenterology, pulmonology, cardiology, etc. Many surgical interventions are performed by a minimally invasive method ("keyhole surgery"), which facilitates rapid recovery and minimal pain.
Treatment of oncological diseases presents particular interest to the work of this department: tumors of the liver, kidneys, adrenals, sympathetic trunk, lymph nodes, muscles, and the removal of metastases in the lungs and liver. Each clinical case is discussed at an interdisciplinary consultation with specialists from the Department of Pediatric Oncology and Hematology, after which an individual treatment plan is developed.
The range of medical services of the department covers:
- Surgical treatment of congenital malformations in the head and neck area (e.g. lateral and medial cysts and neck fistulas), removal of lymph nodes for diagnostic purposes
- Surgical treatment of skin diseases, for example, removal of skin growths, dermoid cysts, birthmarks, etc.
- Treatment of hemangiomas (drug therapy, laser therapy and cryotherapy)
- Closure of birth defects of the abdominal wall (gastroschisis and omphalocele)
- Surgical treatment of all pathological changes in the chest and lungs, as well as congenital malformations, inflammatory and malignant diseases of these organs.
- Surgical treatment of diseases of the gastrointestinal tract (e.g. congenital malformations such as atresia of the esophagus and anus, small bowel anomalies, pyloric hypertrophy or innervation disorders, such as Hirschsprung's disease)
- Surgical treatment of acquired diseases, such as appendicitis, gastroesophageal reflux disease, gallbladder inflammation, gallstones
- Surgical treatment of malformations of the urethra in boys (hypospadias), congenital and acquired diseases of internal reproductive organs, that is, testicles and ovaries
- Oncological surgery
- Surgery of "little children": treatment of inguinal hernia, umbilical hernia, undescended testicle, phimosis, etc.
- Primary trauma care (in cooperation with the Department of Traumatology)
- 24-hour emergency care
Department of Pediatric Surgery.
University Hospital Oldenburg:
Request more information now.
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
Thank you for your confidence in the Booking Health portal.
A medical consultant will contact you and answer all your questions in the near future.
you will receive a reply shortly Home