University Hospital Saarland Homburg
Department of General, Abdominal, Vascular and Pediatric Surgery (395684)
Specialized in: general, abdominal, vascular and pediatric surgery
About the department
The Department of General, Abdominal, Vascular and Pediatric Surgery at the University Hospital Saarland covers the full range of services in these medical fields. Surgical treatment is provided both on an inpatient and outpatient basis, in accordance with the advanced recommendations of professional societies. The department is equipped with state-of-the-art operating theaters, in which surgeons perform extensive serious interventions, operations under the control of navigation systems and high-precision minimally invasive procedures that ensure the rapid recovery of patients. The department is headed by Prof. Dr. med. Matthias Glanemann, who has performed many successful operations that saved numerous human lives.
The department’s range of medical services includes:
- Endocrine surgery
- Thyroid interventions (for example, in goiter, thyroiditis, malignant tumors)
- Parathyroid interventions
- Adrenal interventions
- Surgery of the upper gastrointestinal tract
- Esophageal surgery (for example, in diverticulum, achalasia, reflux disease, tumors)
- Stomach surgery (for example, in gastritis, stomach ulcer, bleeding, tumors)
- Duodenal surgery
- Hepato-pancreato-biliary surgery and transplant surgery
- Gallbladder and bile duct surgery (for example, in cholecystitis, cholelithiasis, malignant tumors)
- Spleen surgery
- Liver surgery (for example, in malignant and benign tumors, liver transplantation)
- Pancreatic surgery (for example, in pancreatitis, tumors)
- Colorectal surgery
- Small intestine surgery (for example, in intestinal obstruction, Crohn's disease)
- Operations on the colon and rectum
- Surgical treatment of proctologic diseases (for example, hemorrhoids, abscesses, anal fissures, malignant tumors)
- Minimally invasive surgery
- Laparoscopic cholecystectomy
- Laparoscopic appendectomy (removal of appendicitis)
- Laparoscopic hernioplasty (TAPP)
- Laparoscopic fundoplication (to treat reflux disease)
- Retroperitoneal adrenalectomy (to remove adrenal tumors)
- Laparoscopic sigmoid resection
- Laparoscopic ileocecal resection (in Crohn's disease)
- Diagnostic laparoscopy (in unclear abdominal pain)
- Transanal endoscopic microsurgery
- Laparoscopic interventions to treat obesity
- Other surgical procedures
- Bariatric surgery
- Gastric banding
- Sleeve gastroplasty
- Gastric bypass surgery
- Revision interventions
- Other surgical techniques
- Surgical treatment of abdominal hernias (inguinal and incisional hernia)
- Surgical treatment of skin and soft tissue tumors
- Treatment of peritonitis
- Implantation of port systems for chemotherapy
- Other services
- Surgical treatment of abdominal aortic aneurysm, iliac artery aneurysm
- Surgical treatment of carotid artery stenosis
- Surgical treatment of circulatory disorders in the lower extremities
- Treatment of diabetic foot
- Surgical treatment of venous diseases
- Conservative treatments for vascular diseases
- Provision of dialysis access
- Treatment of chronic wounds
- Other services
- Outpatient surgery
- Treatment of inguinal hernias
- Treatment of dropsy of the testicle (hydrocele)
- Treatment of umbilical hernias
- Treatment of phimosis
- Removal of soft tissue tumors (for example, lipomas), dermoids, atheroma of the skin and skin appendages
- Plastic surgery (for example, scar revision, correction of protruding ears)
- Functional examination of the anus
- Other outpatient interventions
- General pediatric surgery
- Minimally invasive procedures
- Neonatal surgery (surgery of newborns)
- Surgical treatment of malformations
- Surgical treatment of thoracic malformations
- Surgical treatment of proctologic diseases in children
- Surgical treatment of urologic diseases
- Corrective surgery
- Other medical services
- 1988 - 1995 Study of Medicine at the Free University of Berlin.
- 05/1998 Doctoral thesis defense, Humboldt University of Berlin. Subject: "Use of interleukin-2 receptor antagonists BT563 for the prevention of rejection after orthotopic liver transplantation".
- 05/2005 Habilitation, Humboldt University of Berlin. Subject: "Conditioning of organs by mechanical and pharmacological means in case of thermal hepatic ischemia".
- 05/2011 Appointed as a Visiting Professor at the University Hospital Charité.
- 02/1996 - 04/2012 Work in the Department of General, Abdominal and Transplant Surgery, Campus Virchow, Charité University Hospital, Berlin.
- 10/200210/2002 Medical Specialist in General Surgery.
- 06/2006 - 06/2010 Senior Physician, Department of General, Abdominal and Transplant Surgery, Campus Virchow, Charité University Hospital, Berlin.
- 06/2010 - 04/2012 Leading Senior Physician and Deputy Head of the Department of General, Abdominal and Transplant Surgery, Campus Virchow, Charité University Hospital, Berlin.
- 04/2012 - 08/2013 Temporary Acting Head of the Department of General, Abdominal, Vascular and Pediatric Surgery, University University Saarland, Homburg.
- Since 08/2013 Head of the Department of General, Abdominal, Vascular and Pediatric Surgery, University University Saarland, Homburg.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Universitätsklinikum des Saarlandes
Department of General, Abdominal, Vascular and Pediatric Surgery.
University Hospital Saarland Homburg:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.