University Hospital Saarland Homburg
Department of Dentistry, Maxillofacial Surgery (396614)
Specialized in: dentistry, maxillofacial surgery
About the department
The Department of Dentistry, Maxillofacial Surgery at the University Hospital Saarland offers the full range of services in these medical focuses. It specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the oral cavity, jaw bones, face and certain areas of the neck. The doctors of the department guarantee not only high standards of medical care, but also quality care, friendly attitude and respect for the patient’s individual needs and wishes. The department is headed by Prof. Dr. med. dent. Wolfgang Spitzer.
Clinical focuses of the department include:
- Surgical interventions to correct developmental anomalies (for example, cleft lip and palate)
- Surgery of the facial skeleton bones
- Treatment of benign and malignant tumors of the maxillofacial region
- Treatment of soft tissue and bone injuries of the maxillofacial region
- Temporomandibular joint surgery
- Conduction of necessary preparatory measures prior to prosthetics and implantation
- Aesthetic facial surgery
- Septic maxillofacial surgery
- Dentoalveolar surgery (for example, removal of impacted teeth, installation of implants, bone tissue augmentation)
- Other medical services
Many diagnostic manipulations are performed with the use of specific X-ray and ultrasound methods. In appropriate indications, surgical treatment is performed on an outpatient basis, under local anesthesia. It should be noted that the scope of the department's tasks also includes reconstructive surgery, which allows achieving optimal aesthetic results.
All treatment methods used by the department’s specialists are based on scientific guidelines, provisions of professional societies and specific therapeutic techniques of the clinic (standard operating procedures).
In addition, a great advantage of the department is its active research activities aimed at optimizing diagnostic and therapeutic options.
- 1971 - 1977 Study of Medicine at the University of Erlangen.
- Since 1977 Professional training in the Department and Polyclinic of Maxillofacial Surgery, Friedrich-Alexander University Erlangen-Nürnberg.
- 1977 Dr. med. dent.
- 1984 Dr. med.
- 1987 Venia Legendi in Dentistry, Maxillofacial Surgery.
- 1991 Appointed as Professor (C3) in Maxillofacial Surgery, Friedrich-Alexander University Erlangen-Nürnberg.
- 1997 Appointed as Professor in Maxillofacial Surgery (C4) and Head of the Department of Dentistry, Maxillofacial Surgery at the University Hospital Saarland, Homburg.
Department of Dentistry, Maxillofacial Surgery.
University Hospital Saarland Homburg:
Request more information now.
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
Thank you for your confidence in the Booking Health portal.
A medical consultant will contact you and answer all your questions in the near future.
you will receive a reply shortly Home