University Hospital Saarland Homburg
Department of Adult and Pediatric Dermatology, Venereology, Allergology (396626)
Specialized in: adult and pediatric dermatology, venereology, allergology
About the department
The Department of Adult and Pediatric Dermatology, Venereology, Allergology at the University Hospital Saarland offers the full range of services in these medical focuses. The department is headed by Prof. Dr. med. Thomas Vogt, who is a highly qualified dermatologist with a world-wide reputation, demonstrating excellent treatment results even in the most difficult clinical situations.
The department specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of all skin diseases, skin tumors, allergies and sexually transmitted diseases. To provide high-quality, comprehensive treatment, the department has 3 state-of-the-art operating rooms, various laser devices of the latest generation (for example, CO2 laser, diode laser, argon laser, ruby laser), a phototherapy unit, and numerous specialized outpatient clinics. The medical team pays much attention to counseling of patients with skin cancers, allergies and occupational diseases.
In the field of allergology, there are offered various allergy tests, such as patch tests, desensitization (oral or subcutaneous), RAST, oral provocative tests, scratch tests, skin prick testing, etc.
The main clinical focuses of the department include:
- Acne treatment
- Treatment of autoimmune diseases
- Treatment of occupational diseases
- Treatment of skin cancer
- Genodermatosis treatment
- Hair loss treatment
- Treatment of mucous membrane diseases
- Treatment of nail diseases
- Psoriasis treatment
- Rosacea treatment
- Vitiligo treatment
- Neurodermatitis treatment
- Skin cancer screening
- Treatment of dermatological diseases in children
- Reconstructive and aesthetic surgery
- Laser surgery
- Lymph node removal
- Surgical removal of benign and malignant tumors (including in children from 2 years of age)
- Other surgical services
- Histological studies for the detection or elimination of inflammatory skin diseases, malignant skin tumors
- Photodynamic therapy
- Diagnosis and treatment of sexually transmitted diseases
- Allergy testing
- Allergy treatment
- Other diagnostic and therapeutic options
- 1983 - 1989 Study of Medicine at the Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich.
- 1991 Medical examination.
- 1990 - 1992 Intern in the Department and Polyclinic of Dermatology, Academic Hospital Würzburg (Head: Prof. Dr. med. G. Burg), Intern and Assistant Physician in the Department of Surgery, KKH Selb (Head: Dr. med. P. Bernstein).
- Since 1992 Research Associate and special training at the University Hospital Regensburg, Department and Polyclinic of Dermatology (Head: Prof. Dr. med. M. Landthaler).
- 1992 PhD defense. Subject: "Studies of DNA changes in malignant skin lymphoma and pseudolymphoma."
- 1995 Qualified Dermatologist.
- 1995 - 1997 Research Internship, California Institute of Biological Research and Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center, San Diego, California, USA (Scholarship of the German Research Foundation).
- Since 1997 Creation of a Working Group and foundation of a laboratory in Regensburg. Focus: "Molecular dermatological oncology".
- Since 1998 Senior Physician at the University Hospital Regensburg, Department and Polyclinic of Dermatology (Head: Prof. Dr. med. M. Landthaler).
- 1990 Habilitation. Subject: "Molecular determinants of melanoma development".
- 2003 Professor C3 in Dermatology at the University of Regensburg (temporarily).
- 2008 Professor C3 in Dermatology at the University of Regensburg (for life).
- 2009 W3 Professor of Dermatology at the University of Saarland (for life).
Photo of the doctor: (c) Universitätsklinikum des Saarlandes
Department of Adult and Pediatric Dermatology, Venereology, Allergology.
University Hospital Saarland Homburg:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.