University Hospital Ulm
Department of Adult and Pediatric Urology (228433)
Specialized in: adult and pediatric urology
About the Department of Adult and Pediatric Urology at University Hospital Ulm
According to the Focus magazine, the Department of Adult and Pediatric Urology at the University Hospital Ulm ranks among the top medical institutions in Germany for prostate cancer treatment!
The department offers the full range of high-precision diagnostics and effective treatment of diseases of the urogenital system, genitals in men and boys. It treats about 3,000 inpatients and 9,000 outpatients with the clinical cases of varying severity every year.
The department is headed by Prof. Dr. med. Christian Bolenz. The doctor's clinical experience spans over 18 years, during which he has saved thousands of patients with urologic pathologies of varying severity. For three years, the professor served as the president of the Southwest German Society for Urology. Today, he is a member of this society, as well as of the German, European, and American Societies of Urology. Dr. Bolenz is actively involved in writing scientific publications (currently more than 190), giving lectures, and speaking at national and international conferences.
Of particular interest is drug and surgical treatment of prostate, bladder, kidney, testicular and penile cancers. There is a close cooperation with the Comprehensive Cancer Center Ulm in this field, which contributes to the selection of the optimal treatment strategy. The department is also certified by the German Cancer Society, therefore all the therapeutic measures correspond to strict national and international standards. In addition, the department's doctors have a unique knowledge and vast clinical experience in minimally invasive treatment of urolithiasis, benign prostatic hyperplasia, neuro-urological dysfunction, and all the urological diseases in children.
The service range of the department includes:
|Other medical services|
Curriculum vitae of Prof. Dr. med. Christian Bolenz
Education and Professional Сareer
- 1997 - 2004 Study of Human Medicine in Heidelberg, Lyon and Freiburg.
- 11.2004 Third State Examination and admission to medical practice.
- 2004 - 2010 Assistant Physician and Research Fellow in the Department of Urology at the University Hospital Mannheim, Faculty of Medicine, University of Heidelberg.
- 2007 Doctoral thesis defense, Department of Cardiac Surgery, Faculty of Medicine, Heidelberg University.
- 2008 Research Scholarship, Department of Urology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas, USA.
- 2010 Board certification in Urology, Senior Physician in the Department of Urology at the University Hospital Mannheim, Department of Medicine, Heidelberg University.
- 04.2011 Venia legendi in Urology, Faculty of Medicine in Mannheim, Heidelberg University.
- 2011 Habilitation at the Faculty of Medicine in Mannheim, Heidelberg University (Subject: "Progression and metastasis of urothelial cancer: new molecular pathological markers, as well as experimental therapeutic approaches").
- 2011 Management program "The Way Towards Professor" at the Heidelberg University.
- 2012 Medical Director of the Training Center of the Department of Urology at the University Hospital Mannheim.
- 2012 Managing Senior Physician, Department of Urology, University Hospital Mannheim.
- 2013 Additional specialization in Drug Therapy of Tumors.
- 2013 - 2015 Chairman of the Working Group on Oncology at the Interdisciplinary Tumour Centre at the University Hospital Mannheim.
- Since 2013 Head of the commission for the development of guidelines for the treatment of bladder cancer, as well as Deputy Head of the Working Group on Urinary Diversion Techniques.
- 10.2014 Appointment as Extraordinary Professor of Urology at the Senate of the Heidelberg University.
- 04.2015 Invitation to the position of W3 Professor in Urology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Ulm.
- 2006 Poster Award of the German Society of Urology.
- 2007 Best Poster Award on Fundamental Researches of Urothelial Cancer, European Association of Urology.
- 2008 Best Poster Award on Fundamental Research of Urothelial Cancer, European Association of Urology.
- 2009 Werner Stähler Memorial Prize, South-West German Urological Society.
- 2009 Report Award, German Society of Urology.
- 2010 First Prize of the European Association of Urology.
- 2011 First Prize, Club of 35 Young Urologists, South-West German Urological Society.
- 2014 Report Award, German Society of Urology.
- German Society of Urology (DGU).
- South-West German Urological Society (SWDGU).
- European Association of Urology (EAU).
- American Urological Association (AUA).
- Endourological Society.
- German Association for Bladder Cancer Research.
- Prospective Multicenter Radical Cystectomy Series. 2011 (PROMETRICS 2011).
- Committee on the Elaboration of S-3 Interdisciplinary Guidelines for the Treatment of Bladder Cancer.
- German Cancer Society.
- Association of Urological Oncology (AUO).
- Bladder Cancer Initiative Program for the Development of New Drugs (BRÜCKEN Consortium).
- International Bladder Cancer Network (IBCN).
- Board Member, Comprehensive Cancer Center Ulm.
- Vice-President of the South-West German Urological Society (SWDGU).
- Scientific Reviewer and Co-Editor of various national and international urological journals.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Universitätsklinikum Ulm
Department of Adult and Pediatric Urology.
University Hospital Ulm:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.