University Hospital Ulm
Department of Adult and Pediatric Ophthalmology (228435)
Specialized in: adult and pediatric ophthalmology
About the department
The Department of Adult and Pediatric Ophthalmology at the University Hospital Ulm offers the full range of services in this field. It provides diagnostics and treatment of all diseases of the anterior (eyelids, cornea, lens) and posterior (retina, choroid, optic nerve head) eye segment, pathologies of the appendages of the eyes. The department has advanced treatment methods, which provide effective results and eliminate vision problems. Of particular interest is corneal transplantation (keratoplasty) on the basis of the in-house Eye Bank. The Chief Physician of the department is Prof. Dr. med. Gerhard Lang.
The department is certified according to DIN EN ISO 9001:2015 and makes every effort to maintain high quality medical care.
An important focus of the department's work is the diagnostics and treatment of eye diseases and visual impairments in children. Most often, pediatric ophthalmologists have to deal with pathologies, such as strabismus (all forms, including heterophoria), amblyopia, eyeball diseases, neurological diseases with eye lesion, and nystagmus. Children are treated by highly competent doctors, who have in their arsenal all the necessary diagnostic and therapeutic methods.
The main clinical focuses of the department include:
- Keratoplasty (corneal transplantation)
- Retinal surgery
- Laser interventions
- Retinal cryocoagulation
- Correction of retinal tears in retinal detachment
- Vitrectomy (removal of the vitreous body)
- Cataract surgery
- Femtosecond laser-assisted cataract surgery (FLACS)
- Implantation of intraocular lenses
- Standard lenses (monofocal, aspherical)
- Special lenses (multifocal, toric)
- Eyelid surgery in the case of
- Entropion and ectropion
- Eyelid tumors
- Lacrimal duct surgery in the case of
- Congenital obstruction of the lacrimal canal (dacryostenosis)
- Acquired obstruction of the lacrimal canal
- Correction of eye movement disorders
- Strabology and pediatric ophthalmology
- Diagnostic options
- Determination of the visual acuity, stereoscopic vision, eye position and mobility
- Determination of the strabismus angle
- Examination of the anterior and posterior segment of the eye
- Eye examination with skiascopy and auto refractometer (for the selection of glasses)
- Pupillometry (determination of the size and mobility of the pupil)
- Electrophysiological examination to test retinal function
- Eye examinations under anesthesia
- Ultrasound examinations
- Therapeutic options
- Prescription of glasses and prismatic glasses for adults and children
- Selection of contact lenses for children and adults
- Regulation of occlusive therapy in children
- Outpatient and inpatient interventions on ocular muscles
- Lacrimal duct probing and irrigation in children under general anesthesia
- Diagnostic options
- Other medical services
Department of Adult and Pediatric Ophthalmology.
University Hospital Ulm:
Request more information now.
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
Thank you for your confidence in the Booking Health portal.
A medical consultant will contact you and answer all your questions in the near future.
you will receive a reply shortly Home