University Hospital Ulm
Department of Pediatric Oncology and Hematology (535095)
Specialized in: pediatric hematology and oncology
About the department
The Department of Pediatric Oncology and Hematology at the University Hospital of the Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich offers the full range of services for the diagnostics and treatment of various types of cancer and blood diseases in children of all age groups. The Chief Physician of the department is Prof. Dr. med. Holger Cario.
The treatment of all oncological diseases in children and adolescents, including malignant bone marrow diseases and myelodysplastic syndromes is carried out in accordance with the current recommendations of the Society of Pediatric Oncology. To achieve the long-term results, the most effective, proven therapeutic techniques are applied in the clinical practice. In addition, thanks to the close cooperation with the specialists in pediatric surgery, neurosurgery, traumatology, orthopedics, radiation therapy and blood transfusion, the department implements a variety of innovative treatment methods, such as autologous transplantation, cytokine therapy, immunotherapy, etc.
The service range of the department includes:
- Outpatient and inpatient medical care
- Diagnostics and treatment of various types of leukemia
- Diagnostics and treatment of systemic malignant diseases
- Diagnosis and treatment of solid tumors
- Diagnostics and treatment of lymphoproliferative diseases
- Special diagnostics of systemic diseases
- Diagnostic options
- Morphological and immunological blood, bone marrow and tumor tissue testing
- Molecular blood, bone marrow and tumor tissue testing
- Oncological consultations
- Therapeutic options
- Interdisciplinary treatment of leukemia and solid tumors (in collaboration with the specialists in surgery, radiation therapy)
- High-dose therapy in combination with stem cell transplantation
- Allogeneic bone marrow transplantation
- Other medical services
- 1987- 1994 Study of Human Medicine at the Humboldt University of Berlin.
- 1994 Doctoral thesis defense, Faculty of Medicine (Charite), Humboldt University of Berlin.
- Since 1995, Work at the University Hospital Ulm (Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine).
- 2001 Medical Specialist in Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine.
- 2006 Specialization in Pediatric Hematology and Oncology.
- Since 2009, Senior Physician, Department of Pediatric Oncology and Hematology, University Hospital Ulm.
- 2009 Habilitation. Subject: "Molecular basis and clinical manifestations of congenital erythrocytosis and polycythemia in childhood and adolescence."
- 2012 Extraordinary Professor.
Main Clinical and Research Focuses
- Impaired hemoglobin levels (especially thalassemia, other congenital and acquired anemias).
- Congenital and acquired erythrocytosis and related disorders.
Department of Pediatric Oncology and Hematology.
University Hospital Ulm:
Request more information now.
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
Thank you for your confidence in the Booking Health portal.
A medical consultant will contact you and answer all your questions in the near future.
you will receive a reply shortly Home