University Hospital Würzburg
Department of Cardiology, Endocrinology, Nephrology, Pulmonology and Angiology (Department of Medicine I) (223367)
Specialized in: cardiology, endocrinology, nephrology, pulmonology, angiology
The Department of Internal Medicine I at the University Hospital of Würzburg deals with research, training and clinical activities and specializes in six fields of internal medicine: cardiology, intensive care medicine, nephrology, pneumology, angiology and endocrinology. The director of the Department is Prof. Dr. med. S. Frantz.
The Department of Internal Medicine I at the University Hospital of Würzburg has 62 full-time medical positions, 20 externally funded positions for researchers. With 144 approved beds (including the Intensive Care Unit with 24 beds, as well as the Emergency Unit with 12 beds), the Department annually treats about 7,500 inpatients. The Department of Emergency at the University Hospital of Würzburg annually receives 6,600 outpatients. Furthermore, over 12,000 patients receive medical care within the outpatient counseling.
According to the Focus magazine rating of 2017, the Department of Internal Medicine I at the University Hospital of Würzburg ranks among the top German departments specializing in the treatment of cardiovascular diseases!
The main clinical focuses of the Department of Internal Medicine I at the University Hospital of Würzburg include:
- Diagnosis and treatment of ischemic heart disease
- Diagnosis and treatment of pulmonary heart disease and diseases of pulmonary circulation
- Diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the arteries, arterioles, capillaries, veins, lymphatic vessels and lymph nodes
- Diagnosis and treatment of hypertension
- Diagnosis and treatment of kidney diseases, endocrine system, nutritional and metabolic disorders, respiratory diseases, as well as lung and cardiac arrhythmias
- Würzburg, Germany