University Hospital Würzburg
Department of Radiation Therapy (298850)
Specialized in: radiation therapy
About the Department of Radiation Therapy at University Hospital Würzburg
According to the Focus magazine, the Department of Radiation Therapy at the University Hospital Würzburg is included in the ranking of the top German department specializing in radiation therapy!
The department offers all types of modern radiation therapy for the treatment of cancers. The competent medical team of the department annually provides its services to 2,000 patients. The department is headed by Prof. Dr. med. Michael Flentje.
The department is part of the Comprehensive Cancer Center Mainfranken, so the treatment is carried out in collaboration with the specialists from related fields, in accordance with an individually developed treatment strategy. The type and dose of radiation depends on the type of tumor and the degree of its spread. The cutting-edge technical equipment of the department allows doctors to carry out the most accurate irradiation of the pathological area, without exposing the negative effects of ionizing radiation to healthy tissues. In the case of terminal cancer, patients are also offered a special type of radiation therapy, which is used as palliative care to relieve pain and improve the quality of a person’s life.
The therapeutic options of the department include:
- Teletherapy (external irradiation)
- Intensity modulated radiation therapy (IMRT) and rotational volume-modulated irradiation (VMAT)
- Imaging-guided radiation therapy (IGRT)
- Stereotactic irradiation and radiosurgery
- Total body irradiation
- Combined radiochemotherapy
- Brachytherapy (internal irradiation)
- Afterloading technique
- Seed brachytherapy for prostate cancer treatment
- Intraoperative radiation therapy for breast cancer
- 3D conformal radiation for therapy planning
- Other types of radiation therapy
Photo of the doctor: (c) Universitätsklinikum Würzburg
Department of Radiation Therapy.
University Hospital Würzburg:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.