Urology Clinic Wiener Platz Munich
Department of Nephrology (502679)
Specialized in: nephrology
About the department
The Department of Nephrology at the Urology Clinic Wiener Platz Munich offers the full range of services in this field of medicine. It provides prevention, diagnostics and treatment of all kidney diseases at the advanced level of modern science. The focus is on the treatment of chronic kidney failure, arterial hypertension, glomerulonephritis, congenital kidney diseases in adults and diabetic nephropathy. The Chief Physician of the department is PD Dr. med. Christoph Schmaderer.
The specialists of the department take into account concomitant diseases of the patient and provide comprehensive treatment with due consideration of all their needs. Thus, patients with kidney damage due to autoimmune diseases (systemic scleroderma, systemic lupus erythematosus, vasculitis), diabetes mellitus (diabetic nephropathy) and arterial hypertension (secondarily contracted kidney) are treated here.
To make an accurate diagnostics of kidney condition, there is performed biopsy – kidney tissue sampling with the use of a needle with further examination under a microscope. Microscopy provides reliable information on the number of viable renal glomeruli, namely kidney components, in which urine is synthesized. In some cases, following a biopsy, the doctor recommends the patient kidney transplantation.
The service range of the department includes:
- Diagnostics of acute kidney failure
- Diagnostics and treatment of autoimmune diseases
- Kidney biopsy with histological examination
- Comprehensive diagnostics of diseases of the internal organs with kidney damage and the development of a subsequent treatment strategy
- Follow-up care after kidney transplantation or simultaneous kidney and pancreas transplantation
- Preparation for renal replacement therapy (dialysis)
- Diagnostics, treatment and follow-up care for patients with kidney stones
- Other diagnostic and therapeutic services
- Study of Medicine at the Technical University of Munich, the University of Bern (Switzerland) and the Dartmouth Medical School (New Hampshire, USA).
- 2002 - 2007 Training for a Medical Specialist in Internal Medicine with a focus on Nephrology.
- 2007 - 2009 Fellow of the German Cancer Research Center in Heidelberg, Department of Cellular and Molecular Pathology.
- 2009 - 2011 Completion of training for the title of a Medical Specialist in Internal Medicine with a focus on Nephrology.
- Since 2011, Senior Physician in the Department of Nephrology at the University Hospital Rechts der Isar Munich.
- Since 2015, Head of the Department of Nephrology at the Urology Clinic Wiener Platz Munich and habilitation.
Main Clinical Focuses
- Chronic kidney failure and associated diseases.
- Diagnosis and treatment of autoimmune diseases with kidney damage.
- Acute kidney failure.
- High blood pressure.
- Congenital kidney diseases.
- Specialized genetic counseling on kidney diseases.
- Preparation for dialysis.
- Follow-up care after kidney transplantation.
- Diabetic nephropathy.
- Follow-up care after the treatment of kidney diseases.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Urologie am Wienerplatz Grünwald, (c) Fotografie Thomas Straub
Department of Nephrology.
Urology Clinic Wiener Platz Munich:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.