Urology Hospital Munich-Planegg Munich
Department of Adult and Pediatric Urology (303008)
Specialized in: adult and pediatric urology
About the department
The Department of Adult and Pediatric Urology at the Urology Hospital Munich-Planegg Munich offers the full service range for the diagnostics and treatment of urological diseases in men and children, as well as urogynecological problems in women. One of the department's priorities is the restoration of potency in men. According to international ratings, this is the best hospital in Europe where a team of urologists effectively treats erectile dysfunction. The department has all modern techniques for the treatment of pathologies of genitourinary tract, while the rich practical experience of doctors allows them to select the best treatment option for each patient. Another department's key focus is the treatment of benign and malignant diseases of the prostate gland.
The department's team is headed by Prof. Dr. med. Martin Kriegmair and Dr. med. Ralph Oberneder. Both Chief Physicians are specialized in urology and are members of reputable medical and scientific societies, as well as the authors of numerous scientific publications in international professional magazines and publications.
One of the department's main specializations is the treatment of erectile dysfunction (impotence) in men. The specialists show the best possible delicacy in solving this intimate problem. The choice of the most suitable treatment methodology is based on preliminary comprehensive diagnostics, which is carried out in the department's in-house laboratory.
The doctors assess the level of sex hormones, the patency of the penile vessels and the condition of nerve endings. If necessary, the patient will undergo a comprehensive examination in order to detect concomitant diseases, which affect potency. After this, doctors develop the treatment regimen for erectile dysfunction using hormonal drugs, minimally traumatic surgical procedures, physiotherapy and psychotherapy.
The comprehensive treatment regimens can completely restore potency, eliminate the "fear of failure before sexual intercourse" and provide a man with the opportunity to become a father in the future.
In addition, since May 2009, the department has been certified as a Prostate Cancer Center in Munich (certification of the Association of German Prostate Cancer Centers) and a highly specialized Center for the Treatment of Men with Benign and Malignant Prostate Diseases. The Interdisciplinary Society of Medical Professionals provides individual, comprehensive diagnostics and counseling. In case of localized prostate cancer, the highly qualified surgeons manage to maintain erectile function and complete ability to control urination. This is possible thanks to the use of the most sparing surgical techniques, including robotic surgery.
As part of the Research Center, the department offers a number of innovative, alternative treatment methods. This applies to the treatment of advanced stages of cancer or treatment-resistant tumor metastases.
The department's specialists also pay due attention to early detection of prostate cancer. The PCA3 test and Prostate HistoScanning are currently promising. The PCA3 test is a molecular genetic test for early detection of prostate carcinoma. In this case, prostate cells obtained during urinalysis are examined. Histoscanning (HistoScanning™) is an innovative, painless outpatient computer-assisted procedure for ultrasound scan of the prostate gland, which is carried out in case of suspected cancer.
Along with the surgical treatment of urologic cancers, the department offers a wide range of drug therapies. Particularly, these include intravenous chemotherapy, as well as systemic therapy using the very latest anticancer drugs.
In the field of treatment of benign urological diseases, the main attention is paid to the surgical treatment of kidney stone disease and urinary incontinence in women, as well as plastic reconstructive urology after accidents and pediatric urology.
The experts in the field of pediatric urology correct congenital abnormalities of the kidneys, urinary tract and external reproductive organs (for example, hypospadias). Of course, one of the parents may stay in the patient room with a small child (Rooming in). Not extensive interventions (for example, circumcision) can be performed on an outpatient basis.
To ensure the most sparing and effective treatment of patients, a team of doctors prefers minimally invasive methods, such as laparoscopy and the very latest laser technologies.
The medical service range of the department includes the following diseases and treatment methods:
- Impotence/erectile dysfunction
- Comprehensive diagnostics
- Drug treatment, including hormone therapy
- Surgical treatment, including restoration of the function of nerve endings and vascular patency
- Individual psychotherapy in collaboration with counseling psychotherapists
- Other treatment methods
- Bladder cancer surgery
- Prostate brachytherapy
- Treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia
- Ureteral stent implantation
- Treatment of kidney stone disease
- Treatment of urinary tract infections
- Testicular cancer surgery
- Urinary incontinence surgery
- Kidney cancer surgery
- Systemic anticancer therapy
- Penile cancer surgery
- Photodynamic diagnostics
- Early detection of prostate cancer
- Prostate cancer surgery
- Reconstructive surgery
- Treatment of fertility problems in men
- Urologic emergency
- Treatment of urologic diseases in children
- Other diseases and treatment methods
Education and Professional Career
- 1978 - 1984 Study of Human Medicine at Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich.
- 1984 State Medical Examination and admission to clinical practice.
- 1985 Assistant Physician in the Department of Surgery at the University Hospital Lübeck.
- 1986 Doctoral thesis defence with honors. Subject: "Specificities of the formation of necrosis during bipolar radiofrequency coagulation".
- 1986 Assistant Physician in the Department of Urology at the University Hospital Lübeck.
- 1989 Assistant Physician in the Department of Urology at the University Hospital of Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich, Campus Grosshadern.
- Since 1989 Medical Consultant at the Comprehensive Cancer Center Munich (focus on bladder cancer and renal cell carcinoma).
- 1990 Board certification in Urology.
- 1990 Senior Physician, Department of Urology, University Hospital of Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich, Campus Grosshadern.
- 1995 Venia legendi in Urology at Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich, as well as the title of PD by the Bavarian State Ministry for Education, Culture, Science and Art.
- 1997 Start of the work at the General Urological Practice of Ebersberg.
- 1999 Additional qualification in Special Urological Surgery.
- 2000 Authorized to carry out postgraduate education in Urology.
- 2001 Board Member of the Working Group of the Urology Center Munich.
- 2002 Extraordinary Professor, Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich.
- 2002 Chief Physician of the Department of Adult and Pediatric Urology at the Urology Hospital Munich-Planegg Munich.
- 2003 South Eastern German Society of Urology.
- 2011 Managing Director of MedVZentrum Ebersberg GmbH.
Memberships in Professional Societies
- German Society of Urology (DGU).
- American Urological Association (AUA).
- European Association of Urology (EAU).
- Professional Association of German Urologists (BDU).
- 1994 Poster Award of the American Urological Association.
- 1995 Award for Innovations in Urology, Doctor Robert Pfleger Foundation.
- 1996 Award for Video Material of the German Society of Urology.
- 1997 Annual Audio-Visual Award of the American Urological Association (Second Award).
Department of Adult and Pediatric Urology.
Urology Hospital Munich-Planegg Munich:
Request more information now.
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
Thank you for your confidence in the Booking Health portal.
A medical consultant will contact you and answer all your questions in the near future.
you will receive a reply shortly Home