Vivantes Am Urban Hospital Berlin
Department of Abdominal, General, Endocrine and Vascular surgery, Proctology (332603)
Specialized in: abdominal, general, endocrine, vascular surgery, proctology
The Department of Abdominal, General, Endocrine and Vascular surgery, Proctology at the Vivantes Am Urban Hospital offers a wide range of diagnostic services and surgical methods of treatment. The Department performs all common surgical interventions, but special attention is paid to the treatment of oncological diseases. In close cooperation with oncologists, radiotherapists, pathologists, gastroenterologists and radiology physicians, the department offers a full range of surgical interventions for treatment of abdominal cavity tumors. The head of the department is Dr. Roland Raakow.
The department has at its disposal modern equipment for classical endoscopy and video endoscopy, so doctors are able to perform complex minimally invasive surgical interventions in the gastrointestinal tract, liver, pancreas and esophagus.
The department is a supra-regional leader in performing "scarless" endoscopic surgery of one port, for example, when removing the gallbladder or conducting an appendectomy on the patient's body without leaving any scars, which is especially important for young patients.
The department strives to introduce new directions, thereby expanding the range of its therapeutic services. The patients and their health is at the center of all efforts of the hospital`s workers. In addition, to ensuring optimal medical care, doctors of the department maintain close cooperation with colleagues from other clinics.
The spectrum of medical services of the department includes:
- Benign and malignant diseases of the esophagus and stomach
- Benign and malignant diseases of the colon and rectum (colorectal surgery)
- Surgery on the pancreas
- Surgery on the liver, including thermal ablation
- Inguinal hernia
- Postoperative hernia
- Septic soft tissue surgery, including vacuum therapy
- Treatment of benign and malignant diseases of the thyroid gland using technical equipment of the newest generation (neuromonitoring)
- Treatment of benign and malignant diseases of the parathyroid gland
- Tumors and metastases of the adrenal glands
- Hemorrhoids (resection, ligature)
- Fistulas, cracks
- Skin folds
- Rectal prolapse
- Condyloma, polyps
- Obliterating pelvic artery, type OS-US, (stages II-IV), plastic surgery after tumor removal, thromboendarterectomy, patchwork plastic surgery (also on thigh and foot)
- Dysfunction of cerebral circulation
- Aneurysms of the abdominal aorta, popliteal artery, seam aneurysm, correction / interposition, EVAR stenting, also aneurysms with lateral branching into the abdominal aorta and thoracic aorta
- Stenosis and occlusion of intestinal arteries, reconstruction of the renal artery / installation BP
- Vascular surgery for treatment of varicose veins (with or without ulceration) with mini-phlebectomy, sclerotherapy and plastic surgery with a wound covering mesh and installing a transplant
- Post-thrombotic syndromes (with and without ulcer), paratibial fasciotomy
- Minimally invasive tumor surgery
- "Scarless" endoscopic surgery of one port
- Berlin, Germany