Vivantes Am Urban Hospital Berlin
Department of Cardiology and Conservative Intensive Care (332607)
Specialized in: cardiology, intensive care
About the Department of Cardiology and Conservative Intensive Care at Vivantes Am Urban Hospital Berlin
The Department of Cardiology and Conservative Intensive Care offers a full range of cardiological services. It also treats patients with diseases of the vascular system. Most often it provides care for patients with ischemic heart disease, a heart attack and heart failure. The specialists of the department conduct an electrophysiological study (EPA) for arrhythmia. The head of the department is Hilmi Kaplan.
The department is equipped with two intensive care units and four modern laboratories for catheterization where complex procedures are performed. In their own laboratory doctors of the department monitor
programming of pacemakers and defibrillators.
The spectrum of the department's services includes:
- Cardiac ischemia
- Heart attack
- Heart failure
- Heart valve defect
- Fainting (sudden loss of consciousness)
- Congenital and acquired heart defects
- Installation of a pacemaker / defibrillator (including subcutaneous ICD) / resynchronization therapy (CRT) and modulation of contractility
- Arterial and venous embolism (vascular occlusions)
- Vascular diseases
- Arterial hypertension (high blood pressure)
- Diseases of the lungs (chronic bronchitis, pneumonia)
The department applies the following methods of treatment:
- Intra-aortic balloon pumping (device for treatment of heart failure)
- Hemodialysis / hemofiltration (blood purification procedure for patients with severe poisoning or infection)
- Bronchoscopy (imaging of respiratory tract)
- Tracheostomy (puncture of the trachea in patients with prolonged ventilation)
- Pulmonary artery catheter and PiCCO (measurement of cardiac function in patients with cardiovascular diseases)
- Installation of pacemakers in patients with severe cardiac arrhythmias
- Artificial hypothermia as a therapy to protect brain function
- Modern methods of ventilation
The department is equipped with:
4 laboratories of cardiac catheterization and an operating room for implantation of a pacemaker and a defibrillator. 2 operating rooms are hybrid. Cardiac surgeries are performed here.
The laboratories and operating rooms of the department are equipped with the latest technologies. Examinations of the patients are conducted by experienced specialists with many years of expertise.
Photo of the doctor: (с) Vivantes - Netzwerk für Gesundheit GmbH
Department of Cardiology and Conservative Intensive Care.
Vivantes Am Urban Hospital Berlin:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.