Vivantes Auguste-Viktoria Hospital Berlin
Department of Abdominal and Vascular Surgery (332373)
Specialized in: abdominal surgery, vascular surgery
The Department of Abdominal and Vascular Surgery at the Vivantes Auguste-Viktoria Hospital performs surgeries on all organs of the abdominal cavity, as well as the thyroid gland. The department specializes in the treatment of pancreatic cancer and surgical treatment followed by subsequent care for patients with liver metastases. Approximately 1500 patients are treated here on the inpatient basis.The Head of the department is Dr. Güllü Cataldegirmen.
The head physician of the department, Dr. Güllü Cataldegirmen, is included into the list of the best specialists in abdominal surgery in Germany according to the FOCUS rating in 2017!
Vascular surgery provides diagnosis and treatment of arterial and venous vascular diseases. If possible, patients with vascular disorders are treated in a minimally invasive way. A special focus is given to treating patients with peripheral arterial occlusion, as well as surgical treatment of varicose veins.
Thoracic surgery provides all lungs, middle chest and esophagus surgeries. Before a potential surgical intervention, all diagnostic procedures can be performed, for example, bronchoscopy, mediastinoscopy and thoracoscopy. It is also possible to remove the lung tumor by a minimally invasive way.
The spectrum of the department's services is:
- Abdominal surgery
- Tumor surgery, in particular, for the treatment of colorectal carcinomas
- Primary surgical care, follow-up care and treatment of liver metastases using high-dose targeted chemotherapy
- Treatment of pancreatic diseases, in particular pancreatic cancer. A modern, gentle surgical method is used whereby the residual pancreas is implanted in the back of the stomach
- Esophageal tumors> 50 operations per year
- Additional services
- Inguinal hernia
- Diseases of the gallbladder
- Thyroid diseases
- Inflammation of the caecum
- Endocrine Surgery
- Thyroid gland
- Parathyroid glands
- Adrenal gland
- Vascular Surgery
- Thoracic Surgery
- Berlin, Germany