Vivantes Humboldt Hospital Berlin
Department of Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Diabetology (333731)
Specialized in: gastroenterology, hepatology, diabetology
The Department of Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Diabetology at the Vivantes Humboldt Hospital covers a wide range of diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, liver, gallbladder and ducts, pancreas, cancer, as well as infections. Other priority areas of the department are the treatment of metabolic diseases, diabetes mellitus, the treatment of obesity and nutritional medicine. The department has 51 beds. More than 3,000 patients are treated annually. The head of the department is Priv.-Doz. Dr. Ralf-Marco Liehr.
The department has a Central Unit of Endoscopy, which annually carries out more than 4000 studies in outpatient and inpatient settings.
The medical team includes internal medicine doctors with additional specialization in the field of gastroenterology and diabetology. They provide medical care of the highest professional level. Also the department employs highly competent nurses with specialization in the field of endoscopy and qualified service personnel.
The Department of Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Diabetology offers the following diagnostic and therapeutic services:
- Endosonography of the gastrointestinal tract (esophagus, mediastinum, stomach, pancreas, rectum) with puncture (diagnosis of lymph nodes of the mediastinum and abdominal cavity, drainage of the cysts of the gastrointestinal tract), longitudinal and transverse scanning
- Reflux disease and violation of motility of the gastrointestinal tract (daily pH-metry, 12-channel manometry, measurement of bile reflux, determination of indications for antireflux surgery)
- Full range of diagnostic and interventional endoscopy
- Gastroscopy, colonoscopy with polypectomy and mucosectomy. Hemostasis (ligation of the esophagus, coagulation of argon plasma, clipping, endoplasty), ERCP with lithotripsy and removal of stones, treatment of stenosis with drainage and self-expanding metal stents, proctoscopy and treatment of hemorrhoids
- Transcutaneous transhepatic cholangiography with installation of drainage
- CEG / CHEE, pneumatic dilatation and bougie (esophagus), as well as hydraulic dilations (stomach, colon)
- Functional diagnostics (all studies of exhaled air (H2), helicobacter pylori diagnostics)
- Mini gastroscopy (nasal gastroscopy)
- Digital ultrasound with color Doppler sonography of the abdominal, thyroid and peripheral vessels. Ultrasound controlled punctures
- Berlin, Germany