Vivantes Humboldt Hospital Berlin
Department of Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Diabetology (333731)
Specialized in: gastroenterology, hepatology, diabetology
About the department
The Department of Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Diabetology at the Vivantes Humboldt Hospital covers a wide range of diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, liver, gallbladder and ducts, pancreas, cancer, as well as infections. Other priority areas of the department are the treatment of metabolic diseases, diabetes mellitus, the treatment of obesity and nutritional medicine. The department has 51 beds. More than 3,000 patients are treated annually. The head of the department is Priv.-Doz. Dr. Ralf-Marco Liehr.
The department has a Central Unit of Endoscopy, which annually carries out more than 4000 studies in outpatient and inpatient settings.
The medical team includes internal medicine doctors with additional specialization in the field of gastroenterology and diabetology. They provide medical care of the highest professional level. Also the department employs highly competent nurses with specialization in the field of endoscopy and qualified service personnel.
The Department of Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Diabetology offers the following diagnostic and therapeutic services:
- Endosonography of the gastrointestinal tract (esophagus, mediastinum, stomach, pancreas, rectum) with puncture (diagnosis of lymph nodes of the mediastinum and abdominal cavity, drainage of the cysts of the gastrointestinal tract), longitudinal and transverse scanning
- Reflux disease and violation of motility of the gastrointestinal tract (daily pH-metry, 12-channel manometry, measurement of bile reflux, determination of indications for antireflux surgery)
- Full range of diagnostic and interventional endoscopy
- Gastroscopy, colonoscopy with polypectomy and mucosectomy. Hemostasis (ligation of the esophagus, coagulation of argon plasma, clipping, endoplasty), ERCP with lithotripsy and removal of stones, treatment of stenosis with drainage and self-expanding metal stents, proctoscopy and treatment of hemorrhoids
- Transcutaneous transhepatic cholangiography with installation of drainage
- CEG / CHEE, pneumatic dilatation and bougie (esophagus), as well as hydraulic dilations (stomach, colon)
- Functional diagnostics (all studies of exhaled air (H2), helicobacter pylori diagnostics)
- Mini gastroscopy (nasal gastroscopy)
- Digital ultrasound with color Doppler sonography of the abdominal, thyroid and peripheral vessels. Ultrasound controlled punctures
- 1978 – 1984 Medical Studies at the Free University of Berlin
- 1988 – 1990 Postgraduate education in Internal Medicine, Infectiology, Oncology and Gastroenterology in Berlin and at the VA Medical Centre Kansas City, University of Kansas, USA
- 1995 Habilitation treatise and Venia legendi at the Medical Faculty, Charité Berlin
- Since 1998, Head, Department of Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and Diabetology at Vivantes Humboldt Hospital, Berlin
- Director of Medical Board Gastroenterology at Vivantes GmbH
- Certified Tumor Center North, in cooperation with Vivantes Hospital Spandau (Tumor Conference), Outpatient Center
- More than 4000 endoscopies per year
- Partner in the Competence Center for Liver Surgery and Endocrine Surgery
- Emergency endoscopy (24-hour call)
- Diabetes Training Center, diabetes, settings (ICT, pump), counseling, weekly training classes
- Colorectal and gastrointestinal cancer screening
- Liver disease (hepatitis, cirrhosis, liver tumors)
- Pancreatic disease (pancreatitis, cancer)
- Digital ultrasound (Sono-CT) with color-coded Doppler-Sonography of abdominal organs, thyroid and peripheral vessels
- Endocrine diagnostics (diabetes, thyroid, adrenopathy, neuroendocrine system)
- Diagnostic and interventional endoscopy
- Endoscopic ultrasound
- Longitudinal and transversal scanner with puncture gastroscopy, colonoscopy with polypectomy and mucosectomy
- Hemostasis (argon plasma coagulation clipping, Endoloop)
- Ultrathin-endoscopy (e.g. nasal gastroscopy)
- Reflux disease and gastrointestinal motility measurements
- ERCP with stone extraction and lithotripsy, therapy with plastic and self-expandable metal stents
- Percutaneous transhepatic cholangiography (PTC) and complex drainage (Munichdrainage)
Photo of the doctor: (c) Vivantes Netzwerk für Gesundheit GmbH
Department of Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Diabetology.
Vivantes Humboldt Hospital Berlin:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.